Respected Contributor

Re: Lori Loughlin & husband get prison time...

@San Antonio Gal 

Hollyweird is filled with SMUG.

Nothing good comes from being outta touch with reality.

Perhaps her girls could've gotten into a college on their own merit. 

Shame they didn't let them try.

Hopefully they have learned a lesson, there's no place for lies and deceit in a decent life...just sayin.

Respected Contributor

@bigtraps 

aaaahhhh so that's where all this "destruction" is from...

Honored Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

@Porcelain 👏👏👏👏 Well stated!!! Your tagline is particularly noteworthy today.😊 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Oooh. Thank you for mentioning that, @SandySparkles . You just illuminated a new way to look at that tagline. Woman Happy Really appreciated!

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

@Porcelain  You're welcome.😉 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@twocatlou wrote:

Wow a slap on the hand is all they got.  It always amazes me what money and status can buy and how entitled people think they can get away with just about anything.  And these two have for the little amount of time they have to serve.  

The Rich and Famous have always gotten away with everything --- but the public wasn't aware. Sometimes the system is harsh on some people - like Martha Stewart - to make an example of them.

The whole system needs to be revamped!!!!!

Too many innocent people spend lots of time in jail and they're totally innocent. Huckster lawyers and prosecutors need to blame someone.

This couple committed several crimes each - and got away with it.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PreKteacher wrote:

Despite their privileged upbringing, I can't help but feel badly for their daughters. They must feel pretty unworthy, knowing that their parents didn't think they could get into USC on their own merits.

I believe this will not affect their daughters - who haven't learned right from wrong - living a life of privilege. I'm also sure both daughters wouldn't have gotten into USC on their own merits. Celebrities live in a FAKE world where they feel entitled. They don't live in reality!!!! Big Mansions - gate-guarded - big swimming pools - bodyguards, chauffers, maids, cooks, nannies. 

Esteemed Contributor

@kivah wrote:

@PreKteacher wrote:

Despite their privileged upbringing, I can't help but feel badly for their daughters. They must feel pretty unworthy, knowing that their parents didn't think they could get into USC on their own merits.

I believe this will not affect their daughters - who haven't learned right from wrong - living a life of privilege. I'm also sure both daughters wouldn't have gotten into USC on their own merits. Celebrities live in a FAKE world where they feel entitled. They don't live in reality!!!! Big Mansions - gate-guarded - big swimming pools - bodyguards, chauffers, maids, cooks, nannies. 

I don't feel bad for the daughters at all.  They knew they weren't being honest and they were old enough to understand what was going on.  Today I saw an article where supposed "insiders" say that despite the plea deal Lori still doesn't think she did anything wrong and believes she was duped by that Singer guy.  I don't think Lori's and Mossimo's sentences were harsh enough, and I think the daughters should be held accountable since it's evident they played along with this fraudulent scam.  

Will be interesting to see how Lori and Mossimo are affected financially.  The attorney fees must have been high.  Wonder what revenue they have at this point.

Honored Contributor

I don't feel bad for the Loughlin parents or kids.  They all knew what was going and went along with it.  The girls surely knew they weren't smart enough to get in on their own merit.

I feel bad for the two kids who spent their high school years studying and getting good grades only to find out there wasn't enough room for them.  They are the victims.

Honored Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

Only 10 lashes with a wet noodle (but I loved the Judge's wise words and hope she listened). Next she will keep a diary in the pokey and coming soon....the tv movie of her "ordeal" but how now she is now a changed woman and wants to help other women....yadda yadda yadda. Same as it ever was.

@silkyk  Oh yes, this is the part I will be most livid about should it transpire: Lori, The Redemption... If anyone falls for that, I'm just going to be flummoxed to the absolute maximum... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wildcat fan wrote:

@kivah wrote:

@PreKteacher wrote:

I don't feel bad for the daughters at all.  They knew they weren't being honest and they were old enough to understand what was going on.  Today I saw an article where supposed "insiders" say that despite the plea deal Lori still doesn't think she did anything wrong and believes she was duped by that Singer guy.  I don't think Lori's and Mossimo's sentences were harsh enough, and I think the daughters should be held accountable since it's evident they played along with this fraudulent scam.  

Will be interesting to see how Lori and Mossimo are affected financially.  The attorney fees must have been high.  Wonder what revenue they have at this point.

Agree @wildcat fan  I have less than zero sympathy for the daughters... One is clearly already a piece of work, though I haven't heard as much about the other... Given the one has said quite clearly she never wanted to go to college, one wonders how stupid Loughlin and Company must have been to push this as far as they did... The story goes that Loghlin and her husband ended up plea dealing to spare their precious offspring having to testify at their trials and the possibility that the girls, who at least one US attorney said were clearly complicit, might see jail time too... Reading reports about how this couple allegedly copied emails to their daughters about this the matter, coached them in lying to interviewers and a guidance counselor and names the two of them called a guidance counselor who looked askance at the applications, it seems clear this bunch all knew the score and got off way easy...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...