Super Contributor

Re: Lori Loughlin Signing autographs before court appointment!

I saw on a news report that Felicity showed up 3 hours early for court appearance in order to avoid news media and the public. Just goes to show how different people react to the same situation.

I am going to try and not judge all this. Emphasis on the word "try". I feel bad for all the students who studied and worked really hard with the hopes of being accepted into one of these colleges and then to find out that they may have been passed over because their parents lacked fame and money.  I hope they realize that a degree from a state college achieved by hard work, determination and good character is far better than a degree bought and paid for by mommy and daddy.

Trusted Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

She seems pretty vain to me. Hope she doesn't get off with just a slap on the wrist.

@RetRN With Smollette getting off and now this circus, it would be nice to see that our country still has a rule of law. It speaks volumes about the intellect of some people still wanting autographs from people like this. (shaking my head). 

Esteemed Contributor

So much of life lessons are in how you handle the aftermath. Do they want to show their adult children and even “fans” the correct way to make mistakes? Lori seems to be missing an opportunity to show remorse. Body language and pre court actions do not go unnoticed by the judge.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

Bill Cosby always had a contingent of fans outside of the courthouse supporting him (don't think he signed autographs though) as did Michael Jackson.  A lot of celebrities have had this type of support during court house appearances/trials.

Trusted Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

Lori looks like she's already gotten away with everything.  And she probably will.  

@Krimpette Well, let’s hope not. We (this country) had better re-establish the rule of law

as quickly as possible. Allowing people and states to pick and choose which laws they want to follow is a recipe for anarchy/failure.Things had better turn around soon or we all know where this is going. I’m afraid we live in a society now that for the most part doesn’t believe in personal accountability, only the accountability of others.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with those posters who commented on Lori’s behavior. It would seem rather “flippant” to anyone observing her behavior, even in the courtroom.  Lawyers routinely guide their clients on what to wear, how to act, and how to frame truthful answers.  Either she had very bad legal advice, or she had good legal advice and chose to ignore it.

Trusted Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Bill Cosby always had a contingent of fans outside of the courthouse supporting him (don't think he signed autographs though) as did Michael Jackson.  A lot of celebrities have had this type of support during court house appearances/trials.

@Johnnyeager As I said previously, I think it speaks to the intellect of these supporting fans. 

Esteemed Contributor

Another parent apparently in talks to negotiate a plea:  Devin Sloan, founder and CEO of a Los Angeles based provider of drinking water and wastewater systems.  He paid $500,000 to have his son listed as a recruit for the USC men's water polo team.

The courtroom appearances by most of the parents yesterday was basically a formality.  The judge read the charges, asked if they understood their rights and gave the conditions of release.  Most did not enter pleas.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I cannot remember for sure but didn't Michael stand on top of a car or something the acknowledge fan support?  Cosby was probably afraid to sign an autograph because they would wonder if he was really blind.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I guess the squeaky clean image was all just a front for someone clearly without ethics. The joke is she is too stupid to realize that signing autographs makes her look outright stupid.....