Honored Contributor

Re: Lori Loughlin Signing autographs before court appointment!

I saw the photo of this yesterday and wondered how could you handle this situation.  Some would shame her for signing and some would shame her for telling the public no not at this time.  I am surprised anyone would be bold enough to ask for someone's autograph on their way to a court hearing.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Valued Contributor

I’m sick of “celebrity justice”.  It is no justice at all.  If you have either fame or money or both, the laws don’t seem to apply.  And forget about ethics!

Honored Contributor

I imagine they have advisors telling them what to wear and how to  look. 

It just comes off as insincere to me...

Respected Contributor

Smiling and signing autographs. Shaking hands with the prosecutors. Sounds like Lori knows (or thinks) that she'll just get a slap on the wrist. 

Interesting that William Macy wasn't with Felicity. I've heard there are cracks in the marriage over this incident.

And despite reports saying some jail time is likely, I'll be SHOCKED if Lori and Felicity see the inside of a jial.

Lori Loughlin and Felicity Huffman may both be looking at jail time if prosecutors have their way.

The two actresses made brief appearances in federal court on Wednesday after previously being charged in connection with a massive college admissions scam that involved parents allegedly paying to get their children into prestigious universities.

CNN is reporting that prosecutors will ask for jail time for every defendant in the case, including Loughlin and Huffman. If convicted, they could face between 6 to 21 months in prison, CNN reports, citing a law enforcement official.

TMZ and Deadline are reporting the same thing, with Deadline writing that prosecutors are "determined to see" the actors spend "some time behind bars" if found guilty. In fact, the outlet says that prison time is "looking more and more likely." The potential sentence could depend on their cooperation.

Respected Contributor

It is very interesting how Lori and Felicity appear to have dealt with the position they are now in.

Felicity seems to take the charges very seriously, has kept a very low profile, appears to be very distraught as well as ashamed by what she did.  Even her appearance in court in Boston, very sedate look, not overly glamorous, no entourage, just her brother and her lawyers.  I wouldn't read anything into her husband not attending with her.  I would assume that he is working.

Lori and her husband, a totally different story.  Flew in by private plane, normally there is a private airstrip for private planes separate from the regular airport if she flew into Logan.  In order for her "fans" to greet them, a PR team had to alert them.  Signing autographs at the hotel, smiling, joking, not good PR, walking into court in full makeup and then shaking hands with the prosecutor??????  This was not a red carpet event.  Very bad advice from her team of lawyers.  Considering if the outcome is guilty, the sentencing will be based on the amount of monies paid as well.  No wonder her daughter has the attitude she has!  A very indulgent world they live in but reality will come as a shock to them.  

I know if it was me, I would keep the lowest profile possible and be so ashamed that my actions held criminal consequences but then I would never have chosen that path in the first place!

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I saw that yesterday,my thoughts were ,why did people make this into giving her this attention,she was eating it up.

@goldensrbest ...I agree!....This was my first thought also....The people who are seeking autographs are also condoning her behavior and acting just as irresponsible!

We, as a society, are to blame for putting all of these people on a pedestal regardless of their actions or behavior.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Esteemed Contributor

The first parent who will plead guilty is Peter Sartorio, the CEO of a natural and organic food company.  He paid $15,000 cash to Singer to have his daughter's ACT exam corrected by a phony "proctor".

Felicity should pay close attention to his sentencing.

Honored Contributor

Lori looks like she's already gotten away with everything.  And she probably will.  

Respected Contributor

I'm sure the first appointment she made was with a top notch SPIN Dr. Disgusting! Acting like she was at a movie premier. I liked when a reporter yelled "Hey Lorie will you pay my tuition?".  Think of the kids who worked their booties off to try and get into these schools and they don't because they let in this garbage instead. I think this investigation needs to go even higher up the food chain....those college big shots KNEW those kids didn't deserve to be there. Star $truck and stupid. Lots more guilt around than is being written about right now.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

The first parent who will plead guilty is Peter Sartorio, the CEO of a natural and organic food company.  He paid $15,000 cash to Singer to have his daughter's ACT exam corrected by a phony "proctor".

Felicity should pay close attention to his sentencing.

I agree.

I heard Lori and Felicity didn't plead yesterday?