Honored Contributor

Re: Lori Loughlin (Aunt Becky) is In Prison Right Now

@arizona babe wrote:

@Porcelain I so disagree with her going to jail or the others except for the main guy running the scam- many many college students had their way bought in by parents or others and that is to include our astute president- a fine would of been enough and certaily not to ruin her career, she was one of the best Hallmark Movie actresses they had- people need to get a grip on stuff and stop jailing people on these so called crimes- jail is for criminals and murderers not people that did stuff for their kids and caused no harm

She's a convicted felon and committed theft and fraud. She deserves to be with the other convicted felon criminals like her. There's no difference.

As someone with a clean image on Hallmark shows, she had all the more responsibility to be a role model and live up to her manufactured "reputation."

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

@arizona babe wrote:

@Porcelain I so disagree with her going to jail or the others except for the main guy running the scam- many many college students had their way bought in by parents or others and that is to include our astute president- a fine would of been enough and certaily not to ruin her career, she was one of the best Hallmark Movie actresses they had- people need to get a grip on stuff and stop jailing people on these so called crimes- jail is for criminals and murderers not people that did stuff for their kids and caused no harm

What are you related to her?  LOL

Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

She will be isolated for 14 days for COVID quarantine before joining the general population.  Of course, she must be scared to death even if the conditions there are not as harsh as in some other prisons.

I don't condone her behavior by any means.  But I do think that taking advantage of the college admissions process by the rich and famous has been going on forever.  Those who were recently charged are just the tip of the iceberg.  I think that one of the reasons the parents are getting jail time is to send a message to other parents that it's not legal  to do that and that there would be consequences (other than financial) if they are caught. 

@Linmo  Yes, the rich and famous have always been getting their children in especially if the parent went there. Just give a couple million to the school and there you go. No pretending to be on a rowing team or changing grades,etc. just fork over the money. You'd be surprised at the famous people whose parents or relatives have done this for them. Lori and Felicity are ones at the bottom of the famous barrel.

Respected Contributor

She's a really dumb bunny, with money. And sooo entitled.She is where she belongs. 

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Esteemed Contributor

For Pete's sake, she is not at Riker's Island or Sing Sing.  The worst for her part will be no maid, personal chef or personal trainer.

She'll live.

Esteemed Contributor

No sympathy for her whatsoever.She is arrogant & smug. She knew what she was doing but thought she wouldn't get caught. Her actions kept 2 well deserving hard working kids from getting into the school. I know how hard my own son worked to get into the university & law school of his choice.He worked his butt off.

As far as I'm concerned she's getting off easy.

Trusted Contributor

That is where she belongs.  You break the law you pay the price.

Honored Contributor

I don't feel sorry for Loughlin.  IMO, she should do more time than sentenced.  She committed a crime because of her self-conceit and wealth status. It took a spot away from a deserving student.  I'm tired of affluenza getting people off the hook.