Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lori Loughlin (Aunt Becky) is In Prison Right Now

I have no sympathy for her at all.  She obviously thought she was above the law and knowingly did so anyway.  Had she admitted her wrong doing and taken full responsibility for her actions, I doubt she'd be in prison right now.  She hasn't shown any remorse for her actions.  And, she's teaching her daughters that, if you're rich enough, you can buy anything (including a college degree).

I also find it appalling that all of those involved in this scandal seemed to feel entitled to take college spots away from deserving students.

Honored Contributor

In my opinion she got off way to easy. 

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I'm a fan of mercy, evenly applied. Not special mercy only given to those who can afford bail and retain really good lawyers.

Ol Lori, though, knew better. She knew full well not to cheat and steal and abuse the system. She had every advantage and it still wasn't enough for her. She had no reasonable excuses whatsoever and didn't take responsibility. Sorry to say she will probably reoffend. I hope any probation and community service is very strict with her.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Two months, 150,000 and 100 hours.  Wow, she should have received at least 2000 hours.  Can’t wait to see what her 100 hours service will be. She’s hoping for an early release like Felicity.  Still pathetic. She won’t learn a thing.  I hope she does though, but I’m doubting it.  .  

Valued Contributor

Oh poor thing. I have no pity for her at all. She deserves the time in jail, plus at least 3000 hours of community service as well. She needs to come down off her pedestal. She’s not all that. Jmo
Esteemed Contributor

I'd like to know what she is afraid of. Isn't she in a country club prison with others who committed white collar crimes?  So is she afraid that someone is going to steal her lunch, or what?

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

She will be isolated for 14 days for COVID quarantine before joining the general population.  Of course, she must be scared to death even if the conditions there are not as harsh as in some other prisons.

I don't condone her behavior by any means.  But I do think that taking advantage of the college admissions process by the rich and famous has been going on forever.  Those who were recently charged are just the tip of the iceberg.  I think that one of the reasons the parents are getting jail time is to send a message to other parents that it's not legal  to do that and that there would be consequences (other than financial) if they are caught. 

Honored Contributor

I have to wonder how her daughters feel...they were totally complicit in the scam yet their mother is the one to land in prison...and their dad will soon follow.
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

I have a difference of opinion so don't slam me!  LOL

I see no benefit in her incarceration.  I wish non-violent crimes such as these would be sentenced to Community Service and a LOT of it. (and I don't mean drug traffic, theft etc as non-violent)

Why spend my tax dollars to house and care for her?

They could work at shelters, clean the roads and parks, help the elderly...SO many thiings that would benefit the community and its residents. 

There is such a need out there, I just think it would be a better way to teach her that there are others less fortunate that can't buy their way in life.

@RespectLife. The prison sentence was a slap on the wrist.  She also got community service and a fine.

I'm more worried about Massimo as he's such a meek, wimpy looking little thing.  Everything I've seen them, she's been leading him like a puppy on a leash.

@Kachina624 

Good!  I didn't follow the case....glad to hear it.

I hope they have a nice orange jumpsuit for trashing picking!

Super Contributor

@Porcelain I so disagree with her going to jail or the others except for the main guy running the scam- many many college students had their way bought in by parents or others and that is to include our astute president- a fine would of been enough and certaily not to ruin her career, she was one of the best Hallmark Movie actresses they had- people need to get a grip on stuff and stop jailing people on these so called crimes- jail is for criminals and murderers not people that did stuff for their kids and caused no harm