Honored Contributor

Re: Lori Loughlin (Aunt Becky) is In Prison Right Now

There are people in prison who are innocent, I will save my sympathy for them.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

Oh cry me a freakin' river!! She put herself there. I wish all those crooks would have gotten more severe sentences.

Boo hoo!

I think it should have been longer too. The article I read said, “She hasn’t been thinking about anything but putting this behind her as quickly as possible and moving forward with her life."

That doesn't show remorse or learning at all. She's going to pretend it never happened. She still doesn't care about the people she harmed by denying them the education they rightfully earned.

Her husband Mossimo got five months so he'll have longer to regret what he did. I think that is appropriate, though still too light.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

Accountability is a concept that many have yet to understand. She should do the time and keep her whining private.

Personally, I would have preferred a much stiffer $$$ fine and more community service. 

Honored Contributor

I don't really feel bad for her.  If she had just fessed up then apologized I might.  However, she stole a seat away from someone who deserved it and deserves a penalty. 

Honored Contributor

@happycat  I totally agree.  My daughter did get a Masters from Georgetown.  That was her choice and she lucked out.

Some people told my husband how lucky he was that she got in.  My husband said, "My daughter is very smart...however she got in because we had the money to pay for it".

Her masters is in "International Foreign Affairs and Business French".  She's been a stay at home mom for 18 years.

I think this thing with Lori Loughlin is really stupid (on her part) because the kid didn't want to go to college in the first place.  It was all about Lori and what SHE wanted.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I have a difference of opinion so don't slam me!  LOL

I see no benefit in her incarceration.  I wish non-violent crimes such as these would be sentenced to Community Service and a LOT of it. (and I don't mean drug traffic, theft etc as non-violent)

Why spend my tax dollars to house and care for her?

They could work at shelters, clean the roads and parks, help the elderly...SO many thiings that would benefit the community and its residents. 

There is such a need out there, I just think it would be a better way to teach her that there are others less fortunate that can't buy their way in life.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Young or old; rich or poor; innocent or guilty, minimum security or maximum; it is unsettling to lose your liberty. I have never been connected to the penal system, but by all accounts, it is a TERRIFYING place. I would certainly be frightened if I were in her shoes!

I do not sympathize with her, because I feel that her sentence is just, but I empathize with her for being understandably afraid.

She will have several months to reflect about her misdeeds. Perhaps she will consider the necessary steps she must take, on the road to experiencing genuine remorse; not just lip service, and making amends; whatever that may look like.🤔

If she does these things, I believe she deserves a second chance.😊 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

WHAT'S THAT OLD SAYING ... " IF YOU CAN'T DO THE TIME .. DON'T

DO THE CRIME .....

Don't feel one bit bad for her ....elitist gone bad .....

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

I have a difference of opinion so don't slam me!  LOL

I see no benefit in her incarceration.  I wish non-violent crimes such as these would be sentenced to Community Service and a LOT of it. (and I don't mean drug traffic, theft etc as non-violent)

Why spend my tax dollars to house and care for her?

They could work at shelters, clean the roads and parks, help the elderly...SO many thiings that would benefit the community and its residents. 

There is such a need out there, I just think it would be a better way to teach her that there are others less fortunate that can't buy their way in life.

@RespectLife. The prison sentence was a slap on the wrist.  She also got community service and a fine.

I'm more worried about Massimo as he's such a meek, wimpy looking little thing.  Everything I've seen them, she's been leading him like a puppy on a leash.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I read that she got to choose her prison and she chose one that is like a wellness retreat. I am having a hard time feeling sorry for her.

I don't think we need to be thankful we aren't criminals this Thanksgiving. We choose not to be. Lori might want to try that for all future holidays.