Trusted Contributor

Lori Laughlin to be released early

Just read on Yahoo.com that Lori Laughlin will be released early because 1) her release date is set for Sunday, December 27th and prisoners are released on Fridays if their date is schedule on the weekend and 2) Because that Friday is Xmas she will be released on Xmas Eve instead. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lori Laughlin to be released early

Ok, thanks for the info.
Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

Sounds reasonable to me.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@LuvmyLab wrote:

Just read on Yahoo.com that Lori Laughlin will be released early because 1) her release date is set for Sunday, December 27th and prisoners are released on Fridays if their date is schedule on the weekend and 2) Because that Friday is Xmas she will be released on Xmas Eve instead. 

I'm shocked !  😏

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Having worked in admissions at an Ivy League University, I saw many wonderfully qualified applicants rejected just because there weren't enough slots available. It still haunts me. Therefore, the awful cheating and sense of entitlement of these parents who tried to corrupt the system infuriate me. Two months? Reduced? She got off easy.

Honored Contributor

Okay so she'll be released 1 day early due to the holiday?  Am I missing something?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I posted that maybe she'd get out in time for Christmas and I was right lol.

Honored Contributor

I read an article in the NY Post a day or so ago that she was not coping well with being in jail.
Awwww. Too bad.
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate.

Honored Contributor

@LuvmyLab wrote:

Cool cool. As long as everyone else whose sentences end on the same day as hers get out on Christmas Eve as well. 24th vs 27th doesn't make that much difference.

I'd imagine Lori already knew about this angle to exploit when she went in. I'd bet this influenced her decision to surrender herself to authorities earlier than required, on the precise date she did, in order to get the dates just right to get out a few days early. She did hire a prison coach after all.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr