Honored Contributor

Re: Lori Laughlin's daughters have dropped out of USC

@songbird wrote:

@KACEE1115 wrote:

I bet they knew what was coming and got out - must be a lot of blow back their way.  Shame on them - they knew they were never on a rowing team.

And by the way, not all wealthy families cheat for their kids to to great school.  Bill Gates scored perfect in this SAT for Math and Verbal. He was an overachiever in a public high school.Exactlyy what Harvard was looking for.  He went to Harvard for 2 years and then dropped out on his own!  He promptly got hired by IBM and rest is history. 

Was Bill Gates' family wealthy?  I don't know anything about his background.  Needless to say, however, anyone with perfect SAT scores has a pretty good chance of being admitted to the Ivy League.

Honored Contributor

neither of them wanted to go to college anyway.  It was their parents who insisted. They are probably glad to be out of school and are   embarrassed by their parents being selfish and self serving.    I would move far away from those parents if I were them!     

Esteemed Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

Some of the students who were helped on the SAT were not aware they were helped. The wealthy traditionally make large donations to get their less than average progency into good schools. Corruption is rampant in this country but should not be overlooked or tolerated.

---------------------

I find the whole issue so despicable and yet, so sad.  I think of the kids that did not get in to good schools because their slots were taken unlawfully by others.  And what kind of role models are these cheating parents for their kids???

I find it hard to really think that the kids were not aware.  Most kids know where they stand as far as getting into college...grades, tests scores, achievements, extracurricular activities etc.

Honored Contributor

This was discussed at great length on the existing thread.

The schools have said that the students whose parents bought their way in to colleges would be treated on a case by case basis.

If the students knew about this, they would be expelled.

Lori's daughters knew about and bragged about it, so they were due to be expelled.

There are already class action lawsuits filed.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

I haven't read anywhere that Lori's daughters bragged about how they gained college admission.   Did they do that on their Instagram and Facebook accounts?  Of course, I haven't read everything about this case, there's so much out there.

Esteemed Contributor

Realistically, they never attended, except to take up space in a dorm.  I read the the younger one was on a yacht with the college president when the news broke.

I also read that there is a lawsuit being filed by students who did not know that their parents coudl have bought their way in.  Hopefully, that lawsuit will be thrown out; but, for those students who had the grades to get in and were denied, I can see lawsuits in the near future.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

Olivia's sponsors are pulling the plug ... do not know how any four of them will make an income (even Dad, the fashion designer).   This family is now reaping what was sown.  

Perhaps Ryan Seacrest will offer them a reality series similar to the K-clan, then worries are over.  Seems being notorious reaps benefits on the E Channel.

Honored Contributor

On Thursday, Felicity Huffman looks totally ticked off.....awwwww.

Actress Felicity Huffman was spotted for the first time since she was bailed from jail, walking around her Hollywood Hills, LA home on Thursday afternoon with a stony face and an icy glare. (pictured) She was jailed for paying for her daughter to get a better SAT score

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Poor Felicity! Got caught!  Desperate now, Housewife?

Honored Contributor

Maybe Bravo will take them.  They like criminals on that network.