Respected Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

I think the word "folks" in place of guys for casual, friendly purposes might be a better choice to include gender/age/multiples.

I detest being called folks. Just goes to show you that no one will be happy about all terms of address. 

I like and use you guys.  Other than this forum I've never heard anyone express dislike of the term.

Honored Contributor

"You here gathered..........."? 

Respected Contributor

Re: Lori Goldstein

[ Edited ]

Put two fingers in the mouth and whistle?  

Waiter persons should just whistle, without fingers in the mouth!

Un peu de Harpo Marx

Esteemed Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

I think the word "folks" in place of guys for casual, friendly purposes might be a better choice to include gender/age/multiples.

I detest being called folks. Just goes to show you that no one will be happy about all terms of address. 

I like and use you guys.  Other than this forum I've never heard anyone express dislike of the term.

When I've dressed for a lovely dinner in a fine restaurant, I don't want anyone referring to me as "you guys" or "folks." They are two friendly, casual expressions for the same sort of occasion. I've never been called either. And that's fine with me.

Esteemed Contributor

Lori should say YO!!!!!!!

When I watch Wendy Williams, she likes to immitate her husband who's from Brooklyn, he says YO!!!!!!! 

Super Contributor

"You guys" doesn't bother me. Neither does "folks". 

We should start another thread and take a poll lol.

Honored Contributor

"Folks" and "Guys" are not used the same way. The former is more often used in a general way ("I think that most folks don't try to be honest), whereas the latter is more often used in a direct manner to people around you "Okay, guys. Let's eat.")

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Comrades?

Friends, Romans and Countrymen?

Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Comrades?

@ALRATIBA

you mean country people?

Honored Contributor

@Justice4all wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Comrades?

@ALRATIBA

you mean country people?

@Justice4all

Actually, NO.  I refuse to be PC.  If it was good enough for Marc Antony ... it's good enough for me!