Contributor

It’s just my thought but isn’t $62.00 for wide leg capris a bit pricy?  I think denim and co has just as nice pants for a lot less.  Is it just a designers name that gets the price?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Lori Goldstein $62.00 pants

I like LOGO tops a lot. I never buy her bottoms because I don’t wear tight fitting leggings or skinny straight legs.  I agree with you that $62 sounds pricey.  All of Lori’s stuff has gotten pricier lately.  I try to shop clearance, to save a little on the cost.  I’ve found some things on eBay too.

Respected Contributor

$62 is mid-range, I think.

If you look at retailers like Talbot, JJill and soft surroundings you will see prices in this range and more.

Denim and co. Is probably more on the level of a JCPenney or Kohls.

Honored Contributor

Whether Denim & Co is equal to LOGO or not, I would have no idea.  You'd have to have both to make an accurate comparison.

I know in the past, D&C used to make jeans for other lines sold on QVC.  For instance, years ago it was mentioned on air that D&C made all QF jeans. 

Honored Contributor

D&C fabrics aren't anywhere as near as nice as LOGO fabrics. 

D&C fabrics are what I consider "utilitarian" .... a bit robust.  They take a lot of abuse and washing.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I never see pants under 62 bucks often, sounds reasonable to me. 69 bucks is about bottom line.  But you can find tons of sales.  idk about quality either.

I pay 110 bucks for nydj ponte knit leggings.  But,they are so well made, and never fade,I wear them for 6 years. Mine are black, and the favric is so fabulous they never, ever fade or pell.  

Everything is expensive these days!!!!  .  Prices have really jumped. Gone are the days I sweated over paying 25 dollars for a pair of Gloria Vanderbuilt jeans

eta

punctuation

Honored Contributor

I think the price is not unusual.

I personally do not care for her line, so it's not an issue for me.

People will pay for the "name" regardless of material and where the line is manufactured, too.

I think you can find nice quality clothing for less; a designer item doesn't necessarily equate with how well the item will hold up, either.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately, all prices are going up.  I impulsed purchased some LOGO tops but it was to late to cancel, so I will return them.  They are rarely a good fit anyway,

Honored Contributor

@rvmom  I am sure the Logo Cult will respond to this.  

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

I think the price is not unusual.

I personally do not care for her line, so it's not an issue for me.

People will pay for the "name" regardless of material and where the line is manufactured, too.

I think you can find nice quality clothing for less; a designer item doesn't necessarily equate with how well the item will hold up, either.

Agree 100%, @Cakers3.  

In my opinion, every piece of clothing was designed by someone, therefore making it a "designer" piece.

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it