Honored Contributor

I received an email stating they are now partnered with Le Tote a rental subscription service.  Does this mean they will now be renting clothing, accessories etc..? 

Valued Contributor

@Pecky Good question. I'm surprised they sold it for 75 million.I would've thought higher. Hm..

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Lord & Taylor Notice

[ Edited ]

It's $75 million cash now, another $25 million in two years, and HBC will retain a shareholder stake in Le Tote.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2019/08/28/lord-and-taylor-sold-le-tote-100-million/2139886001/...

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

Many stores are starting rental services. Banana Republic, Macys are two I can recall.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

I received the notice and at first, thought they had been bought out by Le Tote. They've partnered with them.

If you go to the L&T site, there is a place that you click to shop a "new way". It offers you the ability to customize your favorite accessories, request specific items, have them shop for you to pull together a complete outfit/wardrobe based on what you specify. Le Tote has only been around for 6  years or so....all about e commerce and accessorizing a persons' look.

We'll see how long this lasts.

Valued Contributor

I saw a piece on the Today Show about a service called Rent the Runway. They showed the process returned clothing goes through before it is rented again. There was a woman sniffing the clothing before it went to dry cleaning. I wish QVC would do this! I’ve received several items that reeked of perfume or body odor over the years.