Esteemed Contributor

Re: Looks like Ring doorbell let employees look at customers encypted videos

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I think some of you are missing the point by saying who cares, what are they seeing anyhow.   The fact of the matter is, they ARE seeing it at all, no matter how lame it might be.

@NicksmomESQ, I used to work in a drugstore.  Of course we all looked through peoples' photos when they came in from developing.   That manager that told you that doesn't happen probably did too.

@Lipstickdiva  That wasn’t me.You must have confused me with someone else.

Trusted Contributor

As far as dressing room cameras go, that has been going on forever.  Started way before the technology we have now.  I can remember at least 20 years ago being in a dressing room and seeing a sticker on the mirror stating it was under surveilence. I figure every part of our shopping experiences are captured by cameras these days and I don't think about it.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ditto for me, all they would see are my neighbors coming and going, me leaving for work in the morning and packages being delivered. I also love my Ring doorbell.

Edited to add: This is the very reason why i would never have a security camera inside my house, or an Alexa or anything like it. My cable company tried to sell me their home security system with security cameras and i said no thank you.

Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

We have one and as others have stated, the only things anyone will see are cars driving past the house and the occasional UPS and garbage truck.  I did see the top of my head when I was sweeping the front porch!  Such excitement! 

Honored Contributor

We're all surrounded by cameras and microphones all the time, so it's no big deal. If you can believe the rumors, the NSA/government can access pretty much any microphone or camera in your house whenever they choose to. And there are microphones and cameras in lots of places. Most laptop computers, tablets, smartphones, even many not so smart phones, all have cameras and microphones built in. Lots of apps ask for permission to access your camera/microphone and most users agree. (You generally can't use the app if you don't agree.)

Anyone monitoring me is just going to get incredibly bored, so if they're that desperate for entertainment, so be it. I've got an Echo, Dot, two Amazon Fire Tablets with Alexa, a Fire TV with Alexa built-in, a smartphone, and a Wyze Pan Camera rotating around my living room watching for movement. Could someone be watching/listening to me? Yeah. Do I care? Not really. I'm just living my dull old boring life and if their life is so dull they find mine entertaining, well, bless them.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Super Contributor

@DJs mom wrote:

If they want to watch cars ride past my house and look at my packages being delivered, have at it. I love my Ring doorbell, one of my best purchases of 2018.

So NOT the point.

Respected Contributor

@ChillyTulip wrote:

@DJs mom wrote:

If they want to watch cars ride past my house and look at my packages being delivered, have at it. I love my Ring doorbell, one of my best purchases of 2018.

So NOT the point.

The POINT is I don't care if Ring is watching what goes on on my porch.