Esteemed Contributor

Re: Looks Like Overnight Repeat Programming Continues Through 11/17

[ Edited ]

The repeat programming started not too long after the new QxH President took charge.

This could be her idea.  It seems to have been implemented rapidly and hastily.

It would be great if one of the analysts at the next shareholder meeting or quarterly call would ask about the reasoning behind it.

I hope her resume is up to date.

Honored Contributor

I think the only people who care are some posters on this board...LOL   And they don't even buy anything during the off hours...LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I am willing to believe that if 95% of the posted comments here about the change are negative, it parallels QVC's shopping base in general.  They should survey about that instead of asking if Antonella is "creepy".  That might be money well spent.

I have noted several times that I would shop and buy during those hours and have not made any purchases since implementation.

I also think that ultimately this will be financially damaging UNLESS they show that headcount and operating costs have been reduced.  Then I might become a believer in its success.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

I think the only people who care are some posters on this board...LOL   And they don't even buy anything during the off hours...LOL

@chrystaltree  have you been following the QVC Facebook page since this change?  Very unhappy shoppers, not just viewers. 

Also, there are actually plenty of posters on this board that lamented the changes because of their preferred early morning shopping habits.  Many posts state this across several different threads.

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@chrystaltree  have you been following the QVC Facebook page since this change?  Very unhappy shoppers, not just viewers. 

Also, there are actually plenty of posters on this board that lamented the changes because of their preferred early morning shopping habits.  Many posts state this across several different threads.

@Caaareful Shopper, but were those people who are complaining actually ordering?  

As others have stated, I have to think QVV's overhead during the overnight hours as compared to sales was out of whack and that is why they went to rerun programming.  

Generally I turned on a shopping channel during overnight hours if I couldn't sleep, what they were presenting was interesting and nothing else was on.  However, I never once ordered during the overnight hours.  I can complain about the reruns during the overnight hours but being that I don't order, I wouldn't expect my complaints to be taken into consideration.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper, but were those people who are complaining actually ordering?  

As others have stated, I have to think QVV's overhead during the overnight hours as compared to sales was out of whack and that is why they went to rerun programming.  

Generally I turned on a shopping channel during overnight hours if I couldn't sleep, what they were presenting was interesting and nothing else was on.  However, I never once ordered during the overnight hours.  I can complain about the reruns during the overnight hours but being that I don't order, I wouldn't expect my complaints to be taken into consideration.

@Lipstickdiva  Because of my work schedule, I ordered regularly and frequently during early morning hours.  But I still don't expect my comments to be taken into consideration at all.  But here we are, on a discussion forum to churn ideas & opinions.  I don't think QVC takes this forum as statistically appropriate research, but it is a snapshot of their viewers & customers (not mutually exclusive). 

I can only say that the posts I have seen here and on FB that profess to shop during early hours are as true as all the ones that say they do not shop during morning hours.  One never knows.

Super Contributor

i shop at night. have been for 30 years. i find this new format ridiculous. the TSV being shown hours on end is ridiculous. rerun after rerun on q, q2, and q3 are stupid. have one channel operating 24/7 to take in consideration those folks on the west coast and drop one of the other channels and you save money. to say i'm disappointed in QVC is an understatement.

Honored Contributor

I didn't watch overnight so don't really have a horse in this race, but do find it sort of curious and ridiculous that they'd choose to repeat the same show for hours on end. If they wanted to 'go to the video' the least they could do is repeat different shows. There's precious little enough variety offered on air as it is. I  pretty much stopped watching QVC several years ago when the on air offerings and the brands on which they focus seemed to be largely very redundant and overall pretty stale. My perspective is this is nothing more than the latest in a series of missteps perpetrated by QVC's management.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Occasional Contributor

Why not eliminate QVC2 and QVC3 - they are unnecessary and concentrate on innovations on the main channel. The overnight repeat programming of the TSV for hours on end is ludicrous -- at least repeat various shows that were on during the day and evening, rather than the same programming over and over and over and over.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Lipstickdiva  Because of my work schedule, I ordered regularly and frequently during early morning hours.  But I still don't expect my comments to be taken into consideration at all.  But here we are, on a discussion forum to churn ideas & opinions.  I don't think QVC takes this forum as statistically appropriate research, but it is a snapshot of their viewers & customers (not mutually exclusive). 

I can only say that the posts I have seen here and on FB that profess to shop during early hours are as true as all the ones that say they do not shop during morning hours.  One never knows.

@Caaareful Shopper 

I just dont understand some people's thinking, its not just insomniacs or night owls that are watching during these late night hours....In this age of businesses and services that are open 24/7 there are a lot of occupations that work odd hours now....also hospital personnel, military, even insurance company Claim Adjustors....even lawyers offer 24/7 service.....

And doesn't 7AM seem a bit late too to resume programming ...what about people in the Eastern & Central Time Zones that are up and getting ready for work etc......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”