Honored Contributor

Re: Looks Like Other Customers Are Unhappy About Free Shipping for New Customers

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Foxxee    She sounds like she's determined to gripe about something because the pants didn't fit so she loaded it on.  I went down a size and they didn't fit me either.

@Kachina624 

I don't know, I don't see it exactly as you do.  She was angry about two different QVC issues at the time and told us about both. 

Reviews aren't the place to do that, but as I said angry customers will tell as many others in all venues they can. 

I'm glad she did tell us about her experience with QVC and free shipping.  It confirms our suspicions that many loyal customers are angry.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Looks Like Other Customers Are Unhappy About Free Shipping for New Customers

Well, I have tried this brand also and to me the "size down one size" thing is ridiculous.

I did it twice over the last several years and both pairs were a total disaster and I'm average size between 12 and 14 in pants.   As another poster stated, it was like they were made for a 12 year old!   And as far as the free shipping fiasco for newbies, I don't think it was a good idea either.  I'm not ordering very much anymore so it doesn't affect me as much as others but they should have made free shipping an incentive for getting their credit card (something I would never do) but regardless........

Honored Contributor

She is not the only one who whined about that promotion. It was intended to draw in new customers, but some established customers were offended. It probably shouldn't have been in a product review but it appears that QVC was ok with it.

Esteemed Contributor

@mac116 wrote:

Sorry, I'm not cutting QVC any slack on this one.  It annoyed me at the beginning of the promotion, and I am still annoyed.  No longer interested...

---------------

I thought it was a shortsighted  business move. Would love to know just how many 'new' customers signed up for this goodie!

I am the only person - friends and family - that watches and orders from the Q.  None of them would have been enticed by the 'new' customer gift!!  

Honored Contributor

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

Foxee there have been several days of free shipping since November, around thanksgiving and also 2 weekends of free shipping. The majority of what I purchase ship free.

Enter free shipping in the search bar and you will find thousands of products, my search showed over 11,000 items.

https://www.qvc.com/content/featured/free-shipping-offers.html?redirectTerm=free+shipping

@Iwantcoffee 

Yes, I know about the free shipping.

Just wanted to make the point that many customers were angry about it, not just Forum members as stated by some. 

QVC said they would do something for loyal customers and they did try to make up for it with their free shipping days, but as we see from the comments here, some are still angry.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

She is not the only one who whined about that promotion. It was intended to draw in new customers, but some established customers were offended. It probably shouldn't have been in a product review but it appears that QVC was ok with it.

@chrystaltree    As we all know, QVC doesn't care what's in a review.  Anything goes as long as it isn't profane.  They don't want to know or care about reviews.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Frankly I'm surprised at the negative reaction to free shipping for new customers.  What is the big deal?  We Oldies have had several free shipping weekends to take advantage of.  

As an aside I also had fit problems with the NYDJ jeans, two different styles.  However they are changing these from "my daughter's jeans" just isn't working for me.  So I'll go back to my Lees and Denim and Co. styles.

Esteemed Contributor

All of the items I ordered for myself and gifts had free shipping.
Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Frankly I'm surprised at the negative reaction to free shipping for new customers.  What is the big deal?  We Oldies have had several free shipping weekends to take advantage of.  

As an aside I also had fit problems with the NYDJ jeans, two different styles.  However they are changing these from "my daughter's jeans" just isn't working for me.  So I'll go back to my Lees and Denim and Co. styles.

Not a big deal to me, but it should be to QVC.  

during this holiday season, I only ordered things from QVC that either had free shipping, or I ordered some things on a free shipping day.  

I have a big family, and do a lot of holiday shopping.  So what did I do the rest of the time?   Ordered my gifts elsewhere.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have to admit that I was pretty peeved about free shipping for new customers. I stopped ordering for a few weeks. But then they had the free shipping weekends and I took advantage. I actually bought more things than I thought I would. Most were less than $21 and had free shipping. I got some good deals.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead