Honored Contributor

Looking for best tasting chicken and beef for online ordering. Advice is welcome.

Hello. I'm looking for some ground beef, 85/15, and some skinless, boneless chicken thighs to order online. Which brands from which stores consistently taste good? 

Respected Contributor

Re: Looking for best tasting chicken and beef for online ordering. Advice is welcome.

@Mindy D I'm not a big meat eater or an expert, but I order my holiday meats from Omaha steaks and have always had good results.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Looking for best tasting chicken and beef for online ordering. Advice is welcome.

I usually use boneless, skinless thighs for stir-fry. Online, I'm not having luck getting thighs only. I've gotten leg quarters. 

I was finally able to buy from Amazon Fresh again (after about 6 weeks of not getting a delivery date from them). They are the only ones who've sent me thighs. 

Overall, since mine are used for stir-frys, I can't tell you which ones taste the best. Sorry.

Honored Contributor

Take a look of local farms in your area. I've been buying all of my meat and chicken locally for the past 5 years (since I moved). Support your locals, they really need it now!!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

Hello. I'm looking for some ground beef, 85/15, and some skinless, boneless chicken thighs to order online. Which brands from which stores consistently taste good? 

I like Whole Foods but right now meat is hard to get.

Honored Contributor

I can tell you which brand not to buy and that would be Perdue.

Too big, tough, gamey smelling while they are cooking and just not good.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

I order our ground beef from Amazon Whole Foods and Bell and Evans whole chickens. They also sell chicken thighs. I ordered from Amazon Fresh last week and the chicken was not as tasty. 

Valued Contributor

Try Fresh Market. On Tuesdays they have great prices on ground beef and chicken breast. Have specials each week. Senior hour in am. Drive up pick up. Very clean.

Also, excellent rotisserie chicken dinner with great corn muffins😊.

I don't think there are many farms by us in South Florida.

Honored Contributor

@Zaimee wrote:

Try Fresh Market. On Tuesdays they have great prices on ground beef and chicken breast. Have specials each week. Senior hour in am. Drive up pick up. Very clean.

Also, excellent rotisserie chicken dinner with great corn muffins😊.

I don't think there are many farms by us in South Florida.

@Zaimee  We also like Fresh Market. Steaks and crab cakes are excellent.

Valued Contributor

Also, my son sent me meat from Wild Forks. One day delivery. Check it out online. I don't know if they have chicken thighs. I have locations in Florida.