Respected Contributor

Re: Looking for best place to order flowers

@gidgetgh 

My cousin sent me flowers once and later a snack basket from a florist shop close by me.

Flowers: I took a picture and emailed her to show her what she was given to send to me.  Took it to florist also.

Basket: Took the items to the florist and showed them the expiration dates on each food packet.

No more items from shops...gift cards a much better idea.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

I always google local florists that deliver flowers in the town where i want them delivered.  I find them to be more dependable and the arrangements of a higher quality.  

@deepwaterdotter - that's what I do also. 

I do the same and have never been disappointed.

Frequent Contributor

Last year I sent a friend who lives out of state flowers from Costco. They were well packed and beautiful. .I have also placed a order for her.

Super Contributor

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I do think local will be best if I can find a florist that delivers in the area. Thanks so much.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fthunt wrote:

FTD Flowers

When you care to send the very best...........FTD

@fthunt   Back in November I had a terrible experience with FTD. I ordered some flowers on line from them to send to my son's Mil who was recuperating from surgery at home. I ordered a large exotic arrangement in this beautiful crystal vase.It cost me $150.
  To make a long story short she was sent a small basket of daisies!! Not at all close to what I ordered.They looked pathetic,wilted & brown.I called the FTD c.s. dept.. I spoke to someone very nice who apologized & said that they would have another contractor deliver the flowers I ordered at no additional charge.

Well guess what? The second order that was sent had a couple wilted roses surrounded by wilting greens in another straw basket!! No better than the first one.

I ended up getting a full refund. But meanwhile I was totally embarrassed.I wanted to send someone I love something special.

Valued Contributor

I have ordered from a company called BOUQS.com

The flowers are beautiful and according to those to whom I have sent them to the flowers have lasted quite a bit.

I sent some to my mother and she loved them.

If you sign up for their emailing list they send out discounts every once in a while.

Valued Contributor

There is also Edible Arrangements.

The recipeint decides how long the arrangement lasts Smiley Very Happy

When I sent these to my parents my father ate the chocolate strawberries rather quickly.

At this time too they are sending out boxes of fruit and veggies. I ordered one of them to be sent to my mother last week and she said the items in it were wonderful.

Trusted Contributor

@haddon9You have great son. I have never ever received flowers from any of my kids. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@gabstoomuch wrote:

@haddon9You have great son. I have never ever received flowers from any of my kids. Smiley Sad

@gabstoomuch   Yes he is and I'm sorry yours haven't given you flowers.....you might try giving a hint.

My birthday is two weeks after Mother's day and DS started to send me flowers a few years ago.  He gets me a 3 month subscription and I tell him how much I love it as well as send him photos showing him how beautiful they are....I think it's also easier for him rather than trying to think of something else to get me.  I appreciate the flowers very much!

Valued Contributor

@haddon9  Thank you for the lead on Bloomsy.com.  Just placed 2 orders for Mother's Day from them.  Local florists are great for local deliveries but sometimes you need a source for out of area deliveries.  Hopefully Bloomsy will be that answer for me.