Looking for a forum member called Bluegoose

Hi all,

I am in need of your help.  I have read various comments on charm schools, and one of the comments contributed by Bluegoose caught my eye.  In her comments, she noted that she attended the Patricia Stevens School of Charm in Oakland back in 1968.  My wife eventually joined the Detmer Agency in SF and participated in a number of shows throughtout the Bay Area.  She even ran for Miss Oakland at one point.  All that said, I would really like to have a chance to talk to this person and find out if she may have known my wife.  My wife graduated from high school in 1968 in Oakland, and there is a very good probablility that this person may have crossed paths with her.  At the least, she might be able to point me in the direction of finding historical info/pics of this particular school.  

I ask this only because my wife passed recently in August of 2023, and I am trying to gather pictures for her Celebration of Life.  

Thank you all,

Mike Rosen

Respected Contributor

Re: Looking for a forum member called Bluegoose

I went to John Robert Powers and Patricia Stevens when I was a young girl. But, not in California.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@49miker im sorry for the loss of your wife.

Maybe contact the school. You might end up with just what you are looking for.

I cant seem to find any posts when i did a search for @bluegoose  but i am putting the name in this post to give a notification to them if they still read here.

Honored Contributor

@49miker. There's  no poster registered with the name Bluegoose.  The is a bluegoose but the person is not currently active and has no activity.

The spelling must be exact.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

@49miker wrote:

Hi all,

I am in need of your help.  I have read various comments on charm schools, and one of the comments contributed by Bluegoose caught my eye.  In her comments, she noted that she attended the Patricia Stevens School of Charm in Oakland back in 1968.  My wife eventually joined the Detmer Agency in SF and participated in a number of shows throughtout the Bay Area.  She even ran for Miss Oakland at one point.  All that said, I would really like to have a chance to talk to this person and find out if she may have known my wife.  My wife graduated from high school in 1968 in Oakland, and there is a very good probablility that this person may have crossed paths with her.  At the least, she might be able to point me in the direction of finding historical info/pics of this particular school.  

I ask this only because my wife passed recently in August of 2023, and I am trying to gather pictures for her Celebration of Life.  

Thank you all,

Mike Rosen

I'm so sorry about your wife. I'm sure you miss her very much.

I'm not sure how you can find this person, but I went back in the posts and think I found the post you were talking about. It was actually by a poster named "egoose" (instead of "Bluegoose") and was from 2015. It said:

"Hi, my year was 1968, Patricia Stevens, Modeling School, Oakland California, had to drive 40 minutes to get there, at 7pm at night, a little scary, but I got there and did become a runway model, for a few years. Did learn a lot of self confidence, I just wanted to be Twiggy.Great experience for a 17 year old, if I remember correctly it cost me $600. ELISE P."

pg 16 posted on 02/22/2015

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Beauty/Did-you-go-to-Charm-School/m-p/1684166#M381569

Good luck to you in your search!

Honored Contributor

@49miker I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your wife.  I hope you find what you are looking for.

Honored Contributor

@Happy2BHere 

good job finding the poster!

i went back and read that thread and wow there are a lot of familiar posters on that thread that are now "missing" from the qvc forums.

whatever happened to @LilacTree ? she hasnt posted in more than three years.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@49miker I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your wife.  I hope you find what you are looking for.

@49miker - I echo what @haddon9 said. And if you look at the end of the post, she put her name "Elise P."

Esteemed Contributor

May your wife's memory be with you always.

Perhaps Bluegoose was on a different forum?  Best of luck.