Honored Contributor

Looking for a Cash Back Credit Card

Since Rakuten (aka Ebates) has announced that they and Synchrony will ba parting ways and they will no longer have a cash back card, I will be in search of a new one. Anybody have any recommendations for a good one that just sends you the cash back once a year rather than having to jump through hoops to use the credits for something?

I do already have a Costco card so something like that.  I like to spread my purchases out over different cards thoroughout the month so I can pay smaller amounts throughout the month, but I also need a card to use for paying my health insurance (currently over $1000/mo) and sometime next year Medicare.  If I'm paying that much, I oughta get something out of it.  I'm certainly not getting any healthcare for it.

Valued Contributor

Re: Looking for a Cash Back Credit Card

I have a Bank of America Mastercard that is cashback and they deposit the cash in my Bank of America bank account 4 times a year.  I also have a discover which is cashback.  I credit my bill every month with my cashback.

New Contributor

I recommend the Pennsylvania State Employee Credit Union credit card, they offer one that gives cash back every month and you do not have to be an employee of the state of Pennsylvania to apply for it, there main number is 800-237-7328.

Honored Contributor

Chase VISA cards, several to choose from, we have 2. 

Honored Contributor

I have a Citibank Mastercard and a Capital One Visa.  Both give me cash back with no hassles.

Esteemed Contributor

Medicare cost is usually deducted from your benefit.

Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

Medicare cost is usually deducted from your benefit.

Huh?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a PayPal Mastercard. Has 2% cash back on everything you buy with it. You can cash out at any time.

I don't do restaurants or travel so I don't know about those.

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

I have a Citibank Mastercard and a Capital One Visa.  Both give me cash back with no hassles.

@kaydee50 I have 2 Capital One Visa's.  I used to use one strictly for Business when I had a business.  One of them doesn't appear to have anything and the Business one is a Rewards card, but I don't get cash back.  I have to figure out how to use the Rewards.  Wonder if they would change one to a cash back card.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have Capital One. You can request a check or apply towards your balance or use it to pay when using PayPal and other ways. 

I save mine mine until December