Respected Contributor

Re: Looking for a Cash Back Credit Card

I have a Bank America credit card with cash back.  You can chose whether you want cash back on gas, food or online purchases.  I chose online purchases which is 3% back to me.  I can redeem every month if I wish or let it pile up.  I can have it put directly into my checking account, apply to my credit card or have a paper check sent to me,

Right now, they are offering $200.00 cash back for opening a credit card.  Fantastic offer.  I order everything online anyway so it's a no brainer for me!

Honored Contributor

Discover

Have had it since 1988 and have gotten LOTS of $$ back.

I also credit my account every time I hit $100.

Their website is easy peasy to either get the money deposited, donate, statement credit etc.

No hoops.

They are also the best CC IMHO.

US based English speaking reps, always stand by the customer when a dispute with a vendor comes up....many other perks.

Trusted Contributor

Discover also has 5% cash back bonus every quarter on different things.  I think this quarter it's restaurants and PayPal and next quarter it's Amazon.

I have a card that pays better cash back than Discover so I usually use that but I always use my Discover on things if I can get the 5%.

Honored Contributor

Love my Discover card.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

Amazon chase, Discover card.

Regular Contributor

We use our Discover card and take the payout on the anniversary of our card. There is an option to credit your account but somehow it's not the same as receiving a big fat check.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

DISCOVER.  Have it hooked to my Amazon and use the cash back for many of my Amazon purchases.  They have bonus % during the year from various places... big box stores,  restaurants,  etc.  I've had this card for easily 30+ years in addition to my Visa.

Respected Contributor

Both my Chase and American Express cards offer cash back without an annual fee. I have the money sent to my checking account. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess  - I receive cash back on my Citi card and Capital One card.  I continually get offers daily from Discover.  Discover seems to have more cash back if you purchase certain things.  If I was looking for a new card, I'd check out Discover.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Icegoddess  - I receive cash back on my Citi card and Capital One card.  I continually get offers daily from Discover.  Discover seems to have more cash back if you purchase certain things.  If I was looking for a new card, I'd check out Discover.

@San Antonio Gal - Discover always has cash back of 1%.  But then, each quarter, they designate certain categories for 5% cash back.  Like sometimes it's gas stations, or or grocery stores or restaurants or If you use PayPal.  Or it might be purchases from Target online or whatever.  Usually the cash back on the special 5% categories maxes out at $75 in a quarter (though you still continue to accrue regular cash back on everything else.

This quarter it's PayPal purchases and something else, which I forget.  I just purchased a new computer from Apple, ordered it online and did the payment through PayPal and will max out the $75 on that.

When I redeem my rewards, usually I will do gift cards as they offer gift cards for values like maybe a $75 Target gift card for $65 or so in points.  Always increased values. Or you can use your points on Amazon.  You can get true cash back, or apply it to your bill, but I normally go for a gift card or e gift card or spend the points on Amazon.  I'm not disciplined enough to let the points build over several months, LOL. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?