Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Looking at the Scott Brothers and their Beards

I just googled pics of them and only saw the scruffy look--as though they're just starting a beard.

Sometimes men's beards remind me of Civil War soldiers.

Trusted Contributor

I like facial hair on men but not those long ugly beards that look like a bib.  My husband wears his like the Scotts and I like that look.

Trusted Contributor

@on the bay   call me old school. I think all men look much nicer with a short hairstyle and clean shaven.  

Honored Contributor

Love the look!!!  Very sexy!

Honored Contributor

I think it is dependent on the guy. I like facial hair on men because I like men with dark hair who inevitably have a five o'clock shadow hours after shaving.

My son has a neatly kept beard. I like it on him but he is very handsome and the beard does kind of hide the cleft in his chin. LOL

Trusted Contributor

@Shogirl wrote:

I like facial hair on men but not those long ugly beards that look like a bib.  My husband wears his like the Scotts and I like that look.

I like a little scruff too!  Just don't do a full on ZZ Top look!

Honored Contributor

I prefer a beard and mustache on a man than clean shaven.  But I like to see it properly trimmed and groomed and not overly long.  I trimmed my husband's beard and mustache weekly for 18 years, so easy to do.  The Scot Brothers are nice looking with the beards.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Thats no different that us gals coloring our hair blue, purple or green and wearing 5" heeled shoes and other different clothing.  Its not a big deal it can be changed in just a few minutes.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

Most of the beards I have seen look scruffy and unkempt despite the costliness of the clothing on the guy.

If you have a beard, at minimum keep it well trimmed and groomed.  It says a lot about the guy wearing it !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

I was half asleep while they were on, and not paying a whole lot of attention...  I just thought that they had been up for 24 hours, and either didn't have time to shave, or forgot?  Smiley Indifferent

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey