Respected Contributor

Re: Look what was inside this egg from Costco

@fourpaws56   Thanks for posting your experience....

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know what I'm looking at, but I never look at the whites of the eggs because it's gross. That's why when I order eggs in a diner, I always say very very well done, because I don't want to see one drop of white. Feh!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Some people do eat balut. Not me, but I do eat eggs. Balut is a delicacy in SE Asia.

Honored Contributor

I am wondering why anyone would save an egg that they didn't consider normal and then take the whole box back to Costco.

What are they supposed to do with it?

The other eggs in the box are probably okay to use...you got one bad one.  I would throw it out and forget about it.

i always crack my eggs into a bowl before I use them.  That way I can see if I want to use them or not.  Very rarely, there will be a streak of blood in the egg.  It is okay to use, but I toss it.

there is no way anyone could find feathers inside their eggs.  Baby chicks are not even born with  feathers...they only have fluff.

I suppose no one teaches about the birds and bees anymore.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Some people do eat balut. Not me, but I do eat eggs. Balut is a delicacy in SE Asia.

I didn't know what that was. I googled it, wish I hadn't of. All I can do now is sit here and shake my head.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee Balut..... precious loss.  No respect for life.

Honored Contributor

@happycat wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I didn't know what that was. I googled it, wish I hadn't of. All I can do now is sit here and shake my head.

I also did. ewww

Honored Contributor

It happens, but that doesn't make it any better.

As someone said, this is why you crack eggs in a bowl and THEN add them to the skillet, recipe, etc. On the farm, you learn this REAL fast because you never know. Older eggs get mixed in with new eggs in the coop (and when you're a kid collecting them, you miss them sometimes). The hens will hide them as well.

Scoop it out, discard and move on.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Yes, I had it when I was in The Phillippines.  Our hosts insisted.  But only after plying us first with lambanog (80 to 90 proof).  It's hard-boiled.  You peel off the shell, suck out the juice and take a big bite.  One bite was enough for me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kitcat51 wrote:

This has happened with eggs I purchased from the store, I simply threw the egg away & used the rest of the carton...not a big deal.

@kitcat51  Really.  Throw it away and get another one. 

And parts is parts, as they say.  People have also eaten all sorts of stuff to survive.  I love oysters.  I love liver.