Honored Contributor

Longest Running TV Show is a Sewing Show

Does anyone watch the PBS series called "Sewing With Nancy"? I just read the interesting autobiography of the lady who hosts the program and found out that show is the longest running program that is currently on TV. While I can't sew or quilt, I sometimes start watching those type of shows and can't turn away. I was like that with the Bob Ross art series that was on PBS too.

Respected Contributor

Re: Longest Running TV Show is a Sewing Show

I don't sew but I loved to watch it because my grandma did.

I loved Bob Ross too.

Honored Contributor

Love her! Remember how I used to watch her show...then beg Mom to go to the fabric store where we would spend hours looking at the pattern books. Nancy Zieman didn't allow her physical disorder prohibit her from teaching on television. A true American Success Story!

Honored Contributor

I catch her show now and then, and the dial just stops and doesn't proceed! Great show.

Honored Contributor

Isn't ""Meet the Press"" the longest running show?

Esteemed Contributor

I love "Sewing with Nancy." Just discovered it when we moved to Portland last year, as it wasn't offered on any of the channels in previous cities in which we've lived.

The variety of topics and her straightforward teaching style is wonderful. She's also very inspiring. I have a couple of her projects just waiting for my back and knee to get better so I can hop on them.

I was quite put out yesterday when I tuned into our local PBS station at 11:00 a.m. to watch Nancy, only to find out it's pledging week. Darn! I was really ticked!

Esteemed Contributor

Now and then I catch Nancy's show, but it's usually on a Saturday at a time when I've got to do other things. I didn't know it is the longest running show. I would have thought some soap or game show would be the longest running.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

Just read her book, "Seams Unlikely", which I highly recommend. It is amazing what she has lived through, she is truly a survivor. I think many people think she had a stroke when it was actually Bell's palsy.

Esteemed Contributor

Actually, the longest running show still on the air is Meet the Press - it started on November 6, 1947....67 years.

Nancy Zieman has hosted Sewing With Nancy for the past 30 years and continues to provide new ideas, innovative techniques, and inspiration. The program is the longest-running sewing and quilting series on television.

I used to sew almost all my clothing and a lot of home furnishings, and I certainly remember watching her show although I haven't seen it in years.

Honored Contributor

I'll have to ask my mom if she's aware of this show, she used to sew all my clothes when I was a child.