Regular Contributor

Re: Long Time No Talk....SO WHAT'S FOR DINNER??

Baking vidalia onions sounds awesome....you can always add them to grilled sandwiches. 

I get that metabolism concern.....see your Primary Care Physician!

Honored Contributor

@alexinflorida wrote:

Oh My.....Hello old and new friends....Have not posted here in so long.  So many changes and challenges, but I hope we can re-connect on what we're eating here in "Community Chat" vs the old Viewpoints.

One of you oldies will have to guide me, lol!  I still love cooking for you all, but this posting situation is definitely a new challenge!

So today, I decided to prep a few chicken breasts with a homemade marinade of OJ, shallots, olive oil and cumin.  Then adding a side of mixed wild rice and grilled (inside on grill pan) asparagus seasoned with fresh lemon juice and remaining carmalized shallot slices..  Simple, light, and delish.  Grilled both the chicken breasts and asparagus inside.  You can't mess up rice, just have to choose what you like!

I know we have some awesome cooks on board here....so I've missed you all and tell me what you're cooking today.....and always!

If you don't like to cook, join in and tell us all what we can help with.

Hope to chat with you all more oftenSmiley Happy

That's what's cooking here for today......how about you?

alex

@alexinflorida

Oh how I've missed you and your always upbeat threads.

I hope you are well. Where are you living now?

Dinner today will be some variety of Italian take-out.  (but I'd rather have your dinner)

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @alexinflorida, welcome home!  Hope this means we will be hearing from you with some regularity.  You have been missed.  I think of you often and hope all is well with you and yours.

Unfortunately, you caught me on a leftovers day.  I had planned on a roasted turkey breast but an episode earlier today that required a high dose of Benadryl took care of that inspiration. 

Tomorrow will be be the roasted turkey breast with cranberry sauce and dressing.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Regular Contributor

hey lulu....enjoy!!  Missed posting with you...hope you're wellSmiley Surprised

Regular Contributor

Hi Marp....

Absolutely nothing wrong with leftovers............especially turkey!!

Have been thinking about you after watching April give birth to Baby Giraffe....you brought me into the world of baby giraffes a year ago, and I will never forget how special it was.  Hope this finds you well

Spoiler
Woman Happy
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Great and fun topic @alexinflorida!

Dinner tonight:

Appetizer - salad of organic mixed field greens, diced red bell peppers and red onions, cucumbers, and shrimp, Ken's Steakhouse Zesty Italian Dressing.

Main - also chicken breasts (removed skin and bones, then sliced through to make two flatter filets), marinated in a mixture of olive oil, minced garlic, juice and zest of one lemon, Dijon mustard, white balsamic vinegar, coarse black pepper, and Herbes de Provence). Will brush the chicken breasts with a little olive oil and season with a little salt and pepper and cook in grill pan.

Sides - brown rice covered with a homemade lentil and vegetable stew and, because of you, remembered that I had fresh asparagus so I will pan grill those too with olive oil, salt and pepper, squeeze of lemon.

A little plug for the Q: tenderizing the chicken breasts with my new Deni meat tenderizer, using my new four piece set of extremely sharp Kuhn Rikon knives for prep, and cooking on my Circulon hard anondized grill pan, part of a great set I bought almost a year ago.

Gee, can you tell I love to cook, LOL!?

The only thing wrong with this thread is that you guys are making me so hungry and it's hours away from dinner!

Respected Contributor

Caesar Salad

Roasted Chicken with Avgolemono Sauce

Roasted Asparagus Spears

Chardonnay

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

Fish tacos with mango salsa and cilantro lime rice 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@IamMrsG wrote:

Caesar Salad

Roasted Chicken with Avgolemono Sauce

Roasted Asparagus Spears

Chardonnay

Thanks for this chicken recipe @IamMrsG! I am so gonna make this next time I buy a whole chicken. Love chef Michael Symon and especially love Greek food.

Your dinner sounds delicious!

Since you mentioned Chardonnay, I remembered that I have an unopened bottle of Pinot Grigio, so I'll have that as well.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Burgundy roast beef, baked sweet potatoes, and steamed spinach.