Super Contributor

I am going to call Kohls but wondering if anyone else got an email message saying that you have been locked out of your Kohls account and to change your password? I was afraid to click on this!

Honored Contributor

Re: Locked out of Kohls Acct??

Don't click on the link in the email!

Go directly to Kohl's website and try to sign in there and see if there really is a problem.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Don’ t know if this is relevant or not, but I have NEVER been able to use Kohl’s online, and find it to be the single WORST online shopping site of ANY I’ve ever used.

Hope you figure out what’s happening soon!

Honored Contributor

it has been quite some time ago but i was locked out of my kohl’s account

supposedly kohls likes to have you change all your info on somewhat regular basis. 

Change passwords and such is the biggest change they want.

call kohls to verify of you are locked out, or try to log into your account at web site.

Valued Contributor

Tuesday of this week I received the same email.  I deleted it and will try getting in on the website.  

Honored Contributor

Never, never, never, never ever go to a website from a link, particularly from an email.

I'm talking about websites for credit cards, banks, any site that has any bit of your personal information.

Go directly to the site and log in, every time like the first time.

Honored Contributor

@OhioAngelThat fear may well be protecting you.  Go directly to the website -  and do not click on that link.

It used to be if the email was addressed to you personally, it was probably legit, but I wouldn't trust even that in today's Internet.

Respected Contributor

I get these messages all the time supposedly from banks saying that my account will be frozen unless I click a link and sign in. Funny thing is that I don't even have an account at these banks!. Never fall for these schemes. 

Respected Contributor

I'm willing to bet it's a scam.  Go to the Kohl's website and check your account.

Trusted Contributor

That screams scam.  I have gotten those for emails for accounts I don't even have.

There are simple ways you can check if it is a scam email

1. Log onto  your Kohls account outside of the email (Not linking through it)
  2. Look at the sender information.  Is there anything funny about it?  If you click on it does it actually have an @kohls.com address or is it something else.
  3. Look at the company address information at the bottom of the email.  Does it really match the company
  4. Use common sense - what are the chances that a company is actually going to contact you and let you know you are locked out of your account (unless you are in legal trouble or had just tried to log in and locked yourself out).  They don't have time for that.

Companies have a fraud department.  Forward that email directly to the Kohls fraud department.  If you can't easily find the email on their website contact customer service.