Honored Contributor

Re: Lochte Suspended for 10 months

@SahmIam wrote:

@hckynut  Because It's two different situations, to be honest. That case is in a WHOLE DIFFERENT LEAGUE of disgustingness. WHOLE different league.

Yep, I agree they are different situations. One drunk tears a sign off a wall in Rio, one of the crime capitals of the world. The other tortures a drunk/passed out young girl, and gets 3 months in prison(mabe even a county jail).

One has won medals for our country, the other is a college swimmer. Ruup someone and worse, 3 months behind bars? The other I still see nobody here attacking this guy.

DIFFERENT LEAGUES FOR SURE. 1 is a Medal Winning USA Olympic Swimmer. The other monster?  A piddly little nobody  college wimmer. A WHOLE DIFFERENT LEAGUE FOR SURE.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Since the subject of this thread is Lochte, in my opinion he should be permanently suspended/banned for life!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@hckynut wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

So, really, no punishment at all. Nice job on the official bodies kwapping out.

Should have given him life. Appears that is what many here want to see. After all, he did embarrass our country. Too bad I can't say who has really embarrassed this country the worst. Maybe in a couple months I can.

Give the guy a break. You got a swimmer at a major college that did every thing but kill a young girl. And he spends 3 months in prison? Why ain't all the Lochte haters talking about that swimmer on here, and he ain't won sheet for this country.

hckynut(john)

I don't "hate" people I don't know.  But I can dislike extremely what they did and more importantly, *how they choose to handle the fallout.* The non-apology, the non-admission of flat out fabricating the whole thing.

It's one thing to pee in the alley and rip a poster off a wall. It's a whole nother level to lie, and when first caught lie again, and when caught for a third time by the world media, make a not-apology apology and perpetuate the lie - when you are representing the US as a nation during an event where the eyes of the world are on you not only as yourself but as a representative of the US.

Too many other countries already think of us (often justifiably) as "ugly Americans." Lochte certainly did his part to give detractors a prime example.

As for Brock Turner - the blame for his sentence lies squarely with the judge. And I think just maybe having to register as a s*x offender for the rest of his life might be a wee bit more punishment than a 10-month suspension from a sport Lochte was probably about ready to give up anyway.

Brock Turner is 22. Ryan Lochte is 32. There *should* be 10 years of maturity there; instead there was entitlement and thumbing the nose at authority.

YES INDEED!

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

So, really, no punishment at all. Nice job on the official bodies kwapping out.

Should have given him life. Appears that is what many here want to see. After all, he did embarrass our country. Too bad I can't say who has really embarrassed this country the worst. Maybe in a couple months I can.

Give the guy a break. You got a swimmer at a major college that did every thing but kill a young girl. And he spends 3 months in prison? Why ain't all the Lochte haters talking about that swimmer on here, and he ain't won sheet for this country.

hckynut(john)

Quick question @hckynut: Do you measure people's worth based on their achievements only?

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis

Quick reply. NO!
hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Moonchilde wrote:

I don't "hate" people I don't know.  But I can dislike extremely what they did and more importantly, *how they choose to handle the fallout.* The non-apology, the non-admission of flat out fabricating the whole thing.

It's one thing to pee in the alley and rip a poster off a wall. It's a whole nother level to lie, and when first caught lie again, and when caught for a third time by the world media, make a not-apology apology and perpetuate the lie - when you are representing the US as a nation during an event where the eyes of the world are on you not only as yourself but as a representative of the US.

Too many other countries already think of us (often justifiably) as "ugly Americans." Lochte certainly did his part to give detractors a prime example.

I  personally could not care less that some other countries see the United States as being "Ugly America". I am more concerned about seeing Americans put First by those in OUR COUNTRY, and putting every other country down the list regardless what they think. PC strikes yet again. Worry more about "How We Look", than "How We Are".

As for Brock Turner - the blame for his sentence lies squarely with the judge. And I think just maybe having to register as a s*x offender for the rest of his life might be a wee bit more punishment than a 10-month suspension from a sport Lochte was probably about ready to give up anyway.

He gets 3 months in prison for what the did to that young girl? Even the jury that convicted him of 3 felonies counts were shocked at the sentence. Here he prances out with 1 month per felony? So he registered as a sx offender, so what. He can live anywhere he pleases and do his neighbors know this? Not unless they check the records of every one that moves into their neighborhood.

Of course not, he doesn't have a Tat on his forehead that says SX Offender. All he has to do is register, he doesn't have to tell anyone, so how would they know? A cute innocent looking guy, yet an offender.

Brock Turner is 22. Ryan Lochte is 32. There *should* be 10 years of maturity there; instead there was entitlement and thumbing the nose at authority.

22 or 32, I would like to think at 22 this man would know he was committing a crime, I sure did at 22. Is a drunk 22 years old any dumber than a 32 year old?

Looking back at my partying and drinking days with friends, when they were drunk at 22 or 32, they acted just as stupidly. A drunk is a drunk, but it ain't the booze, it's the person's true character, drunk or stone sober.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynut  What Lochte did involved himself and 3 other swimmers; though I truly believe the younger two were like deer in headlights-CLUELESS and got dragged into this because they were 1) young , 2) looked UP to Lochte and 3) young and looked up to Lochte. They paid the price but will get over it because LOCHTE is the star/celebrity. He lied. He lied about it and to ALL the NATIONS in the world. He threw blame on a country that, in HIS opinion, fits the stereotype of poor, worthless and ignorant so let's just blame them and get away with the behavior. Worse, he NEVER apologized for his behavior, he threw his "friends" under the bus and he truly shows no remorse NOR concern for what he did image wise not only for Rio and their people but also for America. Outside the US, yeah, he's a "typical American who thinks he's better than everyone else. #sswhole".  I know because family in the UK are TELLING me what is being said about him and our country. Nice.

Turner is scum. Scum in the lowest form scum can be. No reason to hash out what he did,  it's known. HOWEVER.....the JUDGE made this decision to let him off with a slap on the wrist. And yet, he will never be free. Lochte will eventually disappear from memory as life goes on and he may attempt to get back in the limelight somehow down the road for easy money but TURNER? No, his life is over. He will never be free and rightfully so. Whether he spent 5 months or 5 years in jail....his life would still turn out the same...... ruined in every way.

Now, why people aren't going after the judge, I don't know. I will tell you this, from personal experience: you can have all the evidence in a case. You can present it, pure facts, no emotions, heinous crime... it ALL comes down to the judge. Bias exists in every facet of the legal system; it shouldn't but it does. In my own circle, there are those wondering why the gunmen on watch aren't over at the judges house making it known via freedom of speech that they are ticked at his ruling. THAT is where change needs to be made, my friend.

I understand what you're saying. Turner didn't represent millions/a nation in a time when tensions are already thick in a game that is supposed to represent good sportsmanship and class; Lochte did. THAT is why this thread is pouncing on Lochte. The fact that both were swimmers is irrelevant. Turner could have been a soccer player; he could have been a computer whiz. The choice to rape is NOT unique to only athletes, trust me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I feel it is not enough , should had been for years,but of course they did not do.that ,because he won so many medals.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

Only 10 months - the next Olympics are 4 years away so what will 10 months do? 

He needs to be banned from any Olympic swiming ever again. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

@hckynut  Because It's two different situations, to be honest. That case is in a WHOLE DIFFERENT LEAGUE of disgustingness. WHOLE different league.

Yep, I agree they are different situations. One drunk tears a sign off a wall in Rio, one of the crime capitals of the world. The other tortures a drunk/passed out young girl, and gets 3 months in prison(mabe even a county jail).

One has won medals for our country, the other is a college swimmer. Ruup someone and worse, 3 months behind bars? The other I still see nobody here attacking this guy.

DIFFERENT LEAGUES FOR SURE. 1 is a Medal Winning USA Olympic Swimmer. The other monster?  A piddly little nobody  college wimmer. A WHOLE DIFFERENT LEAGUE FOR SURE.

hckynut(john)

He made up a lie,to look good,he lied!!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.