Trusted Contributor

I'm not sure if I should be asking on the forum, but here goes.

I'm trying to find out the address and/or phone number of some second cousins.  The reunion committee would like to call them and personally invite them to the family reunion, but we need this information.

Is there a free site which we could use for this?

Thank you in advance for any guidance you could give us.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Honored Contributor

Google them by typing in their name along with the last known city and state.

Honored Contributor

In this day/age of social media, Facebook would be the

first place I would try & contsct someone.  Just Google 

their name to see if anything pops up.

Second Cousin is not that far removed so it should be easy.

Respected Contributor

You can join spokeo or white pages dot com and get a temporary membership, then cancel before they bill you again.  Or just try google their name.  I just did that with my own name and voterrecords dot com showed my name and address.  I don't like that, but there it is.

Honored Contributor

Re: Locating Second Cousins

[ Edited ]

@wismiss wrote:

I'm trying to find out the address and/or phone number of some second cousins.  The reunion committee would like to call them and personally invite them to the family reunion, but we need this information.

Is there a free site which we could use for this?

As a member of my reunion committee, if no one on YOUR committee does not know how to locate someone on the internet for free or for a fee, you need some "teenagers" as well as "Millennials" on the committee.   Ya'll need to step up your game.

Just saying.....

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac.  Finding people online for a fee is simple but I believe the OP was looking for a free service.  That is more challenging.  Do you know of one?  If so, I'm sure she'd appreciate your sharing.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

I know what the OP wanted/looking for.   All search engines can find "free" of what the OP is looking for.  

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Mz iMac.  Finding people online for a fee is simple but I believe the OP was looking for a free service.  That is more challenging.  Do you know of one?  If so, I'm sure she'd appreciate your sharing.

What is the best free website to find a person?

Best Free People Finder
  1. Whitepages.com. Whitepages.com is a large digital identity database that receives more than 50 million unique visitors each month. ...
  2. Pipl. Another popular option is Pipl. ...
  3. Intelius. ...
  4. TruePeopleSearch.com. ...
  5. US Search. ...
  6. BeenVerified. ...
  7. Find People Search. ...
  8. That's Them.
  edit to remove a tagalong link 

What's the best search engine to find a person?

10 Best People Search Engines to Find People Easily in 2019
  • Pipl. Pipl is arguably the most popular people finder service and deservedly so, considering it works in almost all the countries and offers very accurate results. ...
  • BeenVerified. ...
  • Whitepages. ...
  • Spokeo. ...
  • PeekYou. ...
  • Intelius. ...
  • Facebook. ...
  • Instant Checkmate.
May 27, 2019

@wismiss 10 seconds on Google will yield more than you'll find in a QVC chat.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't believe there is a "free" site for locating people.  

I have located cousins by looking at 'Friends' on a known person's Facebook page.  You can send them a personal message.  It goes into a "mystery" inbox that most people do not check or answer.  I would contact the known person and ask for more info about the one you are looking for.

Today, most people have cell phones and most of those are not listed on the internet.  Not on any free sites!  

There is a search called Dogpile.com that often finds more than Google does.  I use it a lot.

The internet has lots of information but finding what you want is sometimes difficult.  People who post the information do not put in the correct "tags" that you need to find it.  TAG is a word that searching finds.

Tags means.....I searched on the Q for "tee shirt striped" something totally different came up.  I put in "tee shirt stripe" something different came up.  I put in "tee shirt stripes" and some came up.  DUMB TAGS.  Poor programming!

Good luck with your search.  Also, something else to think about.  A personal call about the reunion would not be answered at my house!  If I don't recognize the number or the caller's name as shown.  Forget it!

Honored Contributor

@Zhills.  Thanks to the times in which we live, even with computers and cells, it sounds like most of us are pretty much incommunicado. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment