Esteemed Contributor

Re: Local Nordstrom is closing.

I noticed how empty looking the Nordstrom in the Fashion Show mall on the Las Vegas strip looked when I was there last week. That store is gorgeous and just had a makeover and parking in that mall is free. I would have spent money there if they would have had Sigma makeup brushes in store like I saw in February and not just on their website. But they didn't have them so I went to Dillard's instead but only bought a single Sigma makeup brush as there were no eyeshadow brush sets in the store.

I seldom visit the Vancouver, Canada Nordstrom as parking and transit is expensive - there are no suburban Nordstrom stores here.

The only time I'm downtown is when I am there for a show or concert and so I have family with me and can't shop very long there. In the almost 4 years that Nordstrom has been open, I have never bought clothes or makeup there.

Nordstrom Canada does not take advantage of a big Canadian holiday in August either when they hold their yearly anniversary sale as the Monday after the sale ends is a provincial holiday across Canada so a lot of people have the day off so they could shop at Nordstrom if they have the time. For a store that is based in Seattle, they are clueless about their northern neighbors.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got s similar letter. They make no money on customers who pay in full at the end of the month like I do. Customers who spend thousands and carry a balance are their bread and butter....we have several Nordstroms in our area...the largest one is only four miles from our house...but I make many more purchases online than in the store....just too much hassle, traffic, and heat right now. 

Frequent Contributor

The Nordstrom in our newer mall in Metro Detroit area announced they will close in Sept. 2019.  Last time i went in there with my niece, i noticed that the 2nd floor which carries women's clothing looked really sparse.  I thought something was up.