Honored Contributor

Re: Local Costco selling big brown cartons of TP and paper towels

@DiAnne wrote:

I think you just get caught up in it.  I just placed an order for delivery with Costco and while I have a Costco-sized package of Charmin I decided to order another one (just in case) but both Charmin and Kirkland brand were sold out. 

It's easy to get caught up in it.

My husband was in Lidl yesterday for a few things, he had 1 package of chicken thighs, he told me the person behind him had the cart piled high with them so there were probably none left for anyone else. 

I really do hope the cashier called a manager over and told him to put all but 2 back.  It's just wrong.

Respected Contributor

My original post was merely an observation that Costco was selling a new, less expensive brand of toilet paper and paper towels. (Price difference and size of the packaging was substantial.)

It was not aimed at causing rants about hoarding, the  hysteria-inciting news media and anything else people want to gripe about. 

I apologize for giving controversy yet another platform on this site.

Respected Contributor

@novamc1  Regarding your original post and your last comment I, for one, appreciate the update that Costco is offering a new brand and configuration for bath tissue and paper towels.

It is a given to me that you were simply sharing information and not trying to brew trouble.  I have offers, from time to time, to either be taken to Costco by my son and daughter-in-law or they will pick items up for me, since I don't drive.

Since Covid came to town I have decllined but it is nice to have the latest news for the products being offered.

Many thanks, and try to let it just roll on by . . .

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Respected Contributor

@aroc3435 

Thank you for a sane voice in the sea of unhappy readers.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I have enough for two years. I got caught up in the frenzy.  After that was stored I started looking for hand sanitizer.  Now it is everywhere.  As for Lysol walked in Sams Club and found it twice.  

I wonder what my next adventure will be.  

Trusted Contributor

I can tell you that down here in Swampland (what one of my kids calls this place now), Walmart received truck after truck of Lysol spray and wipes; paper towels, toilet paper (all types/brands of both); bleach (the regular stuff, not the concentrated jugs) and many other cleaning supplies that we all couldn't find this past Winter/Spring. Since my son works at Walmart on the docks and in stocking, he was responsible for taking the inventory and then assisting in unloading and piling up the pallets for the next crew. Inside info: these deliveries were timed at Walmarts all over and when they hit the floor/shelves is also timed. Who knew?

So today (that order arrived the day before Thanksgiving), the word was given to start putting it on the floor. Son tells me about a woman who told him she wanted one entire pallet of Lysol wipes and one entire pallet of Lysol spray. He looked at his co-workers and one said "ask Jeff" (manager). Bottom line, son and another guy helped to load up her van with 2 palettes of supplies. When I asked him how this is allowed, he shrugged and said "we have PLENTY of supplies and all that matters is money being made". 

Explains things.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CelticCrafter wrote:

All I want is Lysol spray, 2 cans, that's it.

Got 2 cans today at Walmart.  They also had Clorox wipes.  Feel like I scored big.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

I'm glad that many of you seem to have Costcos etc that are well stocked.  That hasn't been the case in my rural city since pandemic began.  Now there are the familiar " limit one" signs at Safeway and very few choices ( if any at Wal-Mart ).  Whenever we see TP or paper towels, we buy one. Costco in Glendale AZ was out of all paper products by noon on Tues ( we used senior hour on Wednesday and got our TP).

Honored Contributor

Last time I was in Costco they were out of the Charmin but had plenty of bamboo TP, nobody was buying that.  

I have been wanting Bounty for some time, but didn't see it in Costco although I had seen people with it in their carts.  Also, I really only wanted a two- or four-pack of it and my Publix only has it in the huge eight-pack, so I finally ended up buying one of those.  I felt kinda guilty like I was stockpiling, but they didn't have what I wanted and paper doesn't go bad.

Trusted Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

My original post was merely an observation that Costco was selling a new, less expensive brand of toilet paper and paper towels. (Price difference and size of the packaging was substantial.)

It was not aimed at causing rants about hoarding, the  hysteria-inciting news media and anything else people want to gripe about. 

I apologize for giving controversy yet another platform on this site.

I apologize for my reaction as well.