Honored Contributor

Re: Lobster Diver swallowed by Whale!

I wish the OP would revise the thread title so that it reflects the truth.

Honored Contributor

Re: Lobster Diver "Swallowed" by Whale! (As per News Headline or Diver vs Whale???)

He's a real life Jonah! Great story. Glad the man is fine. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Lobster Diver "Swallowed" by Whale! (As per News Headline or Diver vs Whale???)

[ Edited ]

Geez. No wonder people stop posting here.

@kare29 I found it interesting. Try not to let some posters here bother you, believe me I know that's difficult. 

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Trusted Contributor

@kare29   I saw it on the Boston news, too.  It's a great story and it was very interesting!  

Respected Contributor

Now, as the whale said to Jonah, standing on the bank,

"I ain't a'swallowin' that"!!!  

LOL!  Just wanted ta make ya laugh....

I read about a boy attacked by a shark though.  Hope he's okay.

Yeah, all sorts of strange things can happen when we're in the sea.

It's their home so we have to respect them.

Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@kare29 wrote:

The first thing I said to my husband was "Is this for real?" He assured me it was and considering he did quite a bit of diving in his earlier years and is familiar with the waters I trust his judgement.  The whale probably did not like the taste of his wet or dry suit and his oxygen tanks and knew it had something foreign in it's mouth, that's my guess anyways.  

I may live on the coast but am not an ocean goer.  "Jaws" made sure of that! 

Oh, hon.  You shouldn't be afraid of the sea.  Jaws was just a thriller movie.  Sharks don't hold grudges.  They may be territorial but I love the sea and was in it zillions of times and I've never even seen a shark come near me.  Don't let that dumb movie spoil fun for you.  XO

Respected Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

His friend who pulled him out of the water saw the whale spit him out so yes, it's a true story.  It may have been a baby whale but big enough to have a full grown man completely in it's mouth, breathing tanks as well.  

It probably just made a mistake.  Even animals can make them.  I'd wager that it never meant to eat him or harm him.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Ladybug724 wrote:

I'm sorry, this story is a little hard to swallowSmiley LOL

You should be ashamed of yourself, @Ladybug724 :-)

@suzyQ3 I am...Smiley Sad Smiley LOL

Respected Contributor

Poor Whale.  After a fish and it got a frogman.  Quite a shock I should think.  Whale throats are not all that big.  Finding something that big in it's mouth I bet it couldn't get Rid of it Fast enough!  It could have blocked his throat so tight that he'd have died of starvation.  Still, Heck of a day for the diver. 

Honored Contributor

@77yangya wrote:

@kare29 wrote:

The first thing I said to my husband was "Is this for real?" He assured me it was and considering he did quite a bit of diving in his earlier years and is familiar with the waters I trust his judgement.  The whale probably did not like the taste of his wet or dry suit and his oxygen tanks and knew it had something foreign in it's mouth, that's my guess anyways.  

I may live on the coast but am not an ocean goer.  "Jaws" made sure of that! 

Oh, hon.  You shouldn't be afraid of the sea.  Jaws was just a thriller movie.  Sharks don't hold grudges.  They may be territorial but I love the sea and was in it zillions of times and I've never even seen a shark come near me.  Don't let that dumb movie spoil fun for you.  XO

I've swum with hundreds of sharks and never saw one go after any of us divers.    But, I get the fear some have so it's understandable.    The only one I never got to do was a cage dive with great white sharks, due to an outside issue.  I was bummed when that got cancelled.    The rest of them I really enjoyed watching while I was under water and swimming near.