Honored Contributor

Liz Taylor 💎

[ Edited ]
Came across YouTube video showing auction of LT jewels. Never realized the collection was that large. Collection sold for over hundred fifty million. Truly amazing!! Masterpieces of such beauty. Of course, Except her beauIty. Gem inside out lives on forever. 💜
Honored Contributor

Re: Liz Taylor 💎

[ Edited ]

Oh, Sweet_Serenity, her book about her collection is the most fun eye candy!  i usually pore over it about once every six months.  I love her jewelry, esp. the early sentimental pieces, like the heavy gold charm bracelets that contain charms devoted to each of her children,  and the unusual ivory necklace that Edith Head left to her in her will...

My other favorite jewelry collections are Merle Oberon's, Paulette Goddard's, and Helena Rubenstein's.  Helena Rubenstein had the most interesting taste in jewels, and like me, she liked chunky cabochons and striking statement pieces....  Unlike me, she was able to fulfill all her bauble desires!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Liz Taylor 💎

[ Edited ]

@Sweet_Serenity, I just returned from Puerto Vallarta recently where John Huston's famous movie, The Night of the Iguana, was filmed in 1964 starring Richard Burton and Ava Gardner. Of course, as the lore goes, Elizabeth Taylor was always there to keep an eye on things....it was Ava Gardner after all! 

Anyway, Richard bought Liz a house during that time called Casa Kimberly. When I was there a few years ago, you could still tour the house as it was when she owned it. It has since been purchased and turned into a magnificent hotel/restaurant. 

As a special treat to my sister, we dined there the night before we left. When you first walk in, there is a spectacular bronze sculpture of Liz and ****** and there is a HUGE painting of Liz with those drop dead gorgeous violet eyes as you are walking up the steps to the dining area. There is another wall dedicated to many pictures of Elizabeth and Richard depicting their years together.

If anyone gets the chance, it is a must see in Puerto Vallarta. It is said that movie and all the glitz and glam that was Liz put it on the map. 

Oh, BTW, Liz tried to get her house name changed from Casa Kimberly to Casa Elizabeth, but it wasn't allowed!  

Esteemed Contributor

I read that when Liz left Casa Kimberly for the last time, she left ALL of her personal possessions there, because she was so distraught about losing Burton. (Understandably). Even very personal things.

BTW, Night of the Iguana isn't what put her on the map; Cleopatra had already been made....ET was a huge star in the '50s....

Trusted Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

I read that when Liz left Casa Kimberly for the last time, she left ALL of her personal possessions there, because she was so distraught about losing Burton. (Understandably). Even very personal things.

BTW, Night of the Iguana isn't what put her on the map; Cleopatra had already been made....ET was a huge star in the '50s....

Hi YorkieonmyPillow....What I meant was the Night of the Iguana, which brought Burton, Gardner, Taylor, Kerr, etc. to little known Puerto Vallarta at the time, put it on the map, not Elizabeth Taylor. ET wasn't in the film, but was there because of Burton. You are correct....Elizabeth was already famous which greatly helped propel PV into the realm it holds today.