Regular Contributor

It happened today.  I  was in my local hardware store that reminds me of the old fashioned general stores. It has anything anyone can imagine.  I saw acrylic nail files just like the files I got from QVC about a week ago for $13.00 plus tax.  I asked the girl the price.  Guess! $1.99 each. WOW!  

Honored Contributor

The ones QVC sells are glass and they come in different qualities.  I've gotten some cheap ones from Amazon that weren't worth a dime and more expensive ones that are marvelous.  You get what you pay for.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Do you mean crystal (or glass) nail files?

I have a set that I bought from QVC years ago that are still perfect today.  I also have one that was cheaper that I bought in a Hallmark shop; not the same quality at all.

The ones from the Czech Republic are far superior.  As Kachina said, you get what you pay for.  Not all crystal nail files are created equal.

"The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten."  (Benjamin Franklin)

Esteemed Contributor

Years ago I bought a set of Czech glass nail files on eBay for practically nothing and free shipping -- and I'm still using them today.   I put them in the dishwasher regularly to keep them clean.   You don't have to spend a fortune for good Czech files.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt