Valued Contributor

Re: Little thing but it will add up

Anyone who uses a cpap machine needs distilled water. A gallon lasts roughly a month. I have several family members who use it. With the multiple millions of people who use these machines, I see NO reason why a store shouldn't sell it! Plus it's recommended for humidifiers.

I personally don't know anyone who drinks distilled water, but to each their own.
Trusted Contributor

Walmart's only cheaper in towns where they have lots of competion.  Walmart is a bad company for many reasons, JMHO. 

Valued Contributor

We live in Florida. Would rather die from dehydration than drink the tap water. We called Culligan and had a RO system installed under the kitchen sink for drinking and cooking. It is a 3 gallon tank, there is a small faucet on the sink and it makes pure water. The initial cost was probably (don't remember exactly), about $300.00. Once every year and 1/2 I call and they come to change the multiple filters. That costs $65.00 every 18 months.

It produces pure water, delicious to drink and totally clean. Before we moved to Florida we had the same in NY, where we were from. Again, it makes the most delicious drinking water.

If you figure out the cost of buying and lugging big bottles of water for drinking and ironing, I think having it on your sink is the most economical.

My husband uses a CPAC machine and its perfect. The water is totally mineral free.

Might want to look into it. Its so worth the cost.

Trusted Contributor

I don't know anyone who drinks distilled water. I use it in my steam iron and humidifier. 

Valued Contributor

The City I live in has the absolute best 'tap' water. I actually prefer it to bottled water or the fridge water tap. Never knew it was an uncommon thing till I heard people not being able to stomach what came out of their faucet. Or people who moved from neighboring cities & commenting on the water here. Who knew? Lol No filters, etc. needed for me. But I now know the benefits of a purification system for those who do have issues!
Respected Contributor

I buy distilled water at Kroger.  It was 89 cents but now with inflation, costs $1.09.  No Wegmans in my area but you would think it would cost more at Wegmans than Walmart?!

Honored Contributor

I'm also lucky in that my tap water tastes very good.  In fact, it's the only thing I drink - no soda, coffee, tea, beer, wine, juice, flavored water, Kombucha, etc.

As fas as distilled water is concerned, I use it in the iron - and that's all.  I've never tried drinking it but imagine it would have no taste.