Esteemed Contributor

Little kids who have absolutely no fear.

My sister was telling me the little girl age 2 her daughter and hubby are adopting (4 yr. old brother also) were in their above ground pool. Have had it for years, steps get removed when not in use and there is a fence around it.

Their own2 boys 13 and 14 were there along with my niece.  Mom was holding 2 yr. old. Both little kids had on vests as well as the arm things.  4 yr. was jumping off ladder and 2 yr. old wanted to.  My niece stood in front of her and caught her.  Then little girl said "get back".  She wanted to go into the water not Mom's arms.  My niece said "you are going to get a face full of water".  Nope, get back.. My niece took a couple steps back.  She jumped and was sputtering but wanted to up another higher  step and do it again.  She is never without a vest and the pool is a kid proofed as it can be but yikes.  I almost wish she was afraid the water.

Respected Contributor

Re: Little kids who have absolutely no fear.

@CrazyKittyLvr2   It's better to have her comfortable with the water instead of being afraid.  She is going to grow up being a confident young girl and adult.  

Good for her!  She sounds like a precious child. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

Our younger GS is "Evil Kenevil" all over again.  The would go over a drop off THEN think about what was actually happening.  

Now, just terned seven, our son had already been approached by the local football coach saying he has "natural talent".  I talked to my son about things like bone development and growth plates.  I HOPE it doesn't happen!

Esteemed Contributor

@CAcableGirl2   She is beautiful, both kids are, but I have never seen a child a stubborn as she is.  Only girl with 3 brothers.  At 2 she loves hair stuff (bows etc) and shoes.  Man, if little Imelda Marcos is not happy with you she has a look that turns you to stone.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  My precious little granddaughter is stubborn too, just like her father was growing up.  Her little brother is so easy going - must have got that from his mother.   I think some of it is due to her being first born, and getting all the attention until little brother came along.

I think being stubborn can end up being be positive attribute for girls these days, so no one will be able to take advantage of her.  I hope it makes her grow up to be a leader and not a follower.   

......You look like I need a drink.....