Esteemed Contributor

Little kids greasy hands....silly...i know...

[ Edited ]

i have a pet peeve about kids' greasy fingers....i'm having some kids over for lunch...and the thought about them eating greasy chips just freaks me out...i know...i know...i have a problem....their parents never address the issue when they are here.....and i feel uncomfortable telling them to wipe their hands...any suggestions for a chip that isn't greasy....i know i don't have to serve any....but it kinda leaves the lunch table a little sparce...you can call me crazy....because my daughter already has!  okay....i'm done with my crazy rant!  thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Little kids greasy hands....silly...i know...

Pretzels.  

Honored Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

i have a pet peeve about little kids' greasy fingers....i'm having some little kids over for halloween lunch...and the thought about them eating greasy chips just freaks me out...i know...i know...i have a problem....their parents never address the issue when they are here.....and i feel uncomfortable telling them to wipe their hands...any suggestions for a chip that isn't greasy....i know i don't have to serve any....but it kinda leaves the lunch table a little sparce...you can call me crazy....because my daughter already has!  okay....i'm done with my crazy rant!  thanks!

Lucky you @nana59 . I would give anything to be around little children for a Halloween lunch. Greasy, little fingers? I love kids and if greasy fingers bothered me, I would serve pretzels instead.

Enjoy!!💝

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nana59  I never minded my grandkids greasy or dirty fingers but I understand what you are saying.

How about having some wipes handy to give to the kids when they're finished eating?Just kindly say "Here you go, honey, you can wipe your fingers with this." And smile!

Respected Contributor

@nana59 

YUK!

I don't even like greasy fingers, what are you serving them?

.....and there are wet wipes available for just that, and when do people/children come to your house and don't live by your rules?

I was raised you can go anywhere and live by their rules but when you come here under my roof, it's my rules.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nana59,

no not crazy at all! I get it. Why would we want every chair table thing be greasy when it could just be hands and then wiped?

I call that common sense.

I think pretzels are a good suggestion too.

ah... but then there are the crumbs lol!

I tell my grandkids-how does a princess and prince eat? They eat over the plate. Because then your mom doesn't have to clean the whole house. By then their eyes are rolling.

I'm laughing at me and us but really how hard is it to just keep it in one place as opposed to wiping everything down and vaccuming all over?! 

You're ok!😊

eta-so yes! pretzels and wipes handy!👏

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Trinity11 I never minded my grandkids greasy or dirty fingers but I understand what you are saying.

How about having some wipes handy to give to the kids when they're finished eating?Just kindly say "Here you go, honey, you can wipe your fingers with this." And smile!

Hi @Love my grandkids , I think you meant to address your post to the OP. Like yourself, greasy, little fingers don't bother me in the least.🎃

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 Thank you!  I did an edit to her attention. Sigh. I didn't get enough sleep last night!

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Trinity11 Thank you!  I did an edit to her attention. Sigh. I didn't get enough sleep last night!

No worries @Love my grandkids .💐

Honored Contributor

I just wipe their fingers quickly with a damp washcloth but then I know the kids 🤷🏼‍♀️ Are the baked chips an option?