Respected Contributor

Re: 'Little People Big World'

They are either already divored or are in the process

Honored Contributor

I was never a fanatical viewer of the show, but the the twins didn't seem like students and now having grow up on TV and given all the extras that being on a TV show brings are probably looking at "what are we going to do now"?

Hope there was a good trust fund and Dad didn't spend it on toys as investments on the farm

Honored Contributor

I believe the elder Roloffs will be divorcing which is sad.  Yes, the farm land is beautiful and so is the main house.  Cat Very HappyCat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@surfk wrote:

@PatsyCline wrote:

Jeremy Roloff : Photography | Facebook

"LA, you've been good to us. Thank you to all the amazing people we've met and become great friends with. Now onto the next adventure...full video will be up on the blog soon! Any clue where we moved to?! And so the ‪#‎journeyofjerandauj‬ continues. ‪#‎lifeorbust‬"

https://www.facebook.com/JeremyJamesRoloff

What do you think that means? We're maybe gunna have a "Little People - Big VEGAS" edition of the series next?

"Can the Roloffs toss a pumpkin all the way from the Bellagi

"Can the Roloffs

o to the Paris Hotel without hitting an Elvis on the Strip?? Stay tuned this Fall to find out!"

Or will it be a Matt Roloff in L.A. Show (the swinger edition) "Little People- So Little Time"???

Jeremy seemed okay enough. Maybe he got bitten by the show biz bug.

Didn't someone get killed using that pumpkin throwing machine?  Maybe just severely hurt?

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I think it was the youngest kid that got hurt with the pumpkin throwing machine. Not sure if anyone else got hurt.

Honored Contributor

@surfk wrote:

I always found the show to be a little sad (no pun intended).

I think that in the beginning it attempted to show how normal a life little people live in this regular-sized world.

But one could always feel the resentment steaming off of Matt Roloff. It seemed he greatly resented his physical condition despite trying hard to turn it into a positive.

His wife, Amy Roloff, seemed to not only be more down to earth but also more at peace with her physical self. She seemed to be the better mentally and emotionally adjusted of the two.

And maybe it was due to the differences in what caused each of them their physical conditions. Matt seemed to always act as though he would have been normal had he not been so cursed with Diatrophic dysplasia which often carries with a lot of physical deformity and suffering (as compared the condition which caused his wife and son's dwarfism). He always seemed to resent Amy on that level as much as any other. Which I think would make any marriage difficult.

And Matt came from a fairly well-off family. But all of his siblings were afflicted with physical problems. I can't help but think that some of that early dynamic had to have included a lot of guilt feelings on the part of his parents (and often that leads to spoiling one's kids).

While perhaps completely understandable, Matt seemed terribly spoiled. He obviously struggles/d to find his place in this world. And some of the circuses might have been a distraction or attempt to create something "external" rather than truly coming to peace within oneself. Its a common thing - to remain continually busy with ridiculous projects as a way to avoid difficult issues.

I think that the show just got sad. - even when they attempted to put a happy face on it. There were times showing Matt using his earthmover which were nearly epic symbolically of a man trying to move "heaven and earth" as to make an impact on this world.

Their unkempt house to me was just a metaphor for the whole show (and maybe their lives): they put on a good show but they were a mess inside.

@surfk wrote:

I always found the show to be a little sad (no pun intended).

I think that in the beginning it attempted to show how normal a life little people live in this regular-sized world.

But one could always feel the resentment steaming off of Matt Roloff. It seemed he greatly resented his physical condition despite trying hard to turn it into a positive.

His wife, Amy Roloff, seemed to not only be more down to earth but also more at peace with her physical self. She seemed to be the better mentally and emotionally adjusted of the two.

And maybe it was due to the differences in what caused each of them their physical conditions. Matt seemed to always act as though he would have been normal had he not been so cursed with Diatrophic dysplasia which often carries with a lot of physical deformity and suffering (as compared the condition which caused his wife and son's dwarfism). He always seemed to resent Amy on that level as much as any other. Which I think would make any marriage difficult.

And Matt came from a fairly well-off family. But all of his siblings were afflicted with physical problems. I can't help but think that some of that early dynamic had to have included a lot of guilt feelings on the part of his parents (and often that leads to spoiling one's kids).

While perhaps completely understandable, Matt seemed terribly spoiled. He obviously struggles/d to find his place in this world. And some of the circuses might have been a distraction or attempt to create something "external" rather than truly coming to peace within oneself. Its a common thing - to remain continually busy with ridiculous projects as a way to avoid difficult issues.

I think that the show just got sad. - even when they attempted to put a happy face on it. There were times showing Matt using his earthmover which were nearly epic symbolically of a man trying to move "heaven and earth" as to make an impact on this world.

Their unkempt house to me was just a metaphor for the whole show (and maybe their lives): they put on a good show but they were a mess inside.

I found an article online which states, "Peggy worked as a substance abuse counselor in Nevada County schools while her husband worked for Nevada County social services."  I would hardly call this "fairly well off."  they both worked to support their family of six.

Honored Contributor

During the remodeling, the house was a terrible mess, I know how remodeling can upset eveything, but the kids should have been made to clean up after themselves.  Amy took care of priorities first, and the tidying up was at the bottom, and so it shoiuld be when raising four kids and having a husband who kept increasing the remodeling project, which seemed to have no end in sight.

House cleaning and everything that goes with it, not to mention preparing meals, and taking care of four kid's schedules and issues, is hard work. Imiagine how difficult it is for Amy tending to that huge house, having to take many more steps than an average height person, to get things done.  I believe she does have a housekeeper now, and I say good for her.

Valued Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

I found an article online which states, "Peggy worked as a substance abuse counselor in Nevada County schools while her husband worked for Nevada County social services."  I would hardly call this "fairly well off."  they both worked to support their family of six.

I think Matt Roloff came from family money though. Not earned necessarily by their parents' careers. There seemed to be inherited monies in that family line. Its what provided for his early opportunities. He was born in San Francisco and got into software. But I do recall their saying that his parents afforded he and his brothers much. I think it certainly gave him all he ever needed growing up and even was the foundation of the purchase of the farm.

Not that he wasn't making money. But he didn't come from nothing.

Regular Contributor

@surfk wrote:

@PatsyCline wrote:

Jeremy Roloff : Photography | Facebook

"LA, you've been good to us. Thank you to all the amazing people we've met and become great friends with. Now onto the next adventure...full video will be up on the blog soon! Any clue where we moved to?! And so the ‪#‎journeyofjerandauj‬ continues. ‪#‎lifeorbust‬"

https://www.facebook.com/JeremyJamesRoloff

What do you think that means? We're maybe gunna have a "Little People - Big VEGAS" edition of the series next?

"Can the Roloffs toss a pumpkin all the way from the Bellagio to the Paris Hotel without hitting an Elvis on the Strip?? Stay tuned this Fall to find out!"

Or will it be a Matt Roloff in L.A. Show (the swinger edition) "Little People- So Little Time"???

Jeremy seemed okay enough. Maybe he got bitten by the show biz bug.

Lol, you're so funny @surfk! :-)  I think they moved back to Oregon because they write of how they love it there and their postings show them as more loving the country than the city, who knows though time will tell, reality being what it is lol.

Regular Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

During the remodeling, the house was a terrible mess, I know how remodeling can upset eveything, but the kids should have been made to clean up after themselves.  Amy took care of priorities first, and the tidying up was at the bottom, and so it shoiuld be when raising four kids and having a husband who kept increasing the remodeling project, which seemed to have no end in sight.

House cleaning and everything that goes with it, not to mention preparing meals, and taking care of four kid's schedules and issues, is hard work. Imiagine how difficult it is for Amy tending to that huge house, having to take many more steps than an average height person, to get things done.  I believe she does have a housekeeper now, and I say good for her.

You make good points, and plus having the working farm to tend.