Esteemed Contributor

Makes me sick-SO Cal. Children tied up by parents. Many starving. One got away to tell. I Think they said 10.

Honored Contributor

It is amazing to me that the neighbors were not aware.  It looked like they lived in the middle of a housing development.  

Honored Contributor

13 people held captive in California home, police say

Two California parents were arrested after authorities found a dozen children and adults shackled to beds with chains and padlocks in their home, officials said Monday.

Authorities started investigating after a 17-year-old girl managed to escape from the residence on Sunday and called 911. The girl claimed her 12 brothers and sisters were being held captive inside the home by her parents, the Riverside County Sheriff's Department said.

The 13 victims held captive in the home in Perris, California, range in age from 2 to 29, the Riverside County Sheriff's Department said.
You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

Why weren't the schools aware? Or family?

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne

@DiAnne wrote:

It is amazing to me that the neighbors were not aware.  It looked like they lived in the middle of a housing development.  

Stories like this amazes me too.  What is so outstanding about this one is the number of people held captive & not a peep from the neighbors to the police.

What am I missing here?????? confused.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Those poor sweet wonderful children....

I just can't even imagine hurting a child, my heart is broken for what there life has been..

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@DiAnne

@DiAnne wrote:

Stories like this amazes me too.  What is so outstanding about this one is the number of people held captive & not a peep from the neighbors to the police.

@Mz iMac

It’s called The Stockholm Syndrome.   People held captive come to rely on their captors for survival, even identify with them.  

We saw it with Elizabeth Smart and other girls taken, also the daughters held by their father in Germany.

Honored Contributor

An interview with the neighbors said they thought the family was odd and all too thin but had no idea what was going on.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Listening to the news

[ Edited ]

@Noel7 wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

@DiAnne

@DiAnne wrote:

@Mz iMac

It’s called The Stockholm Syndrome.   People held captive come to rely on their captors for survival, even identify with them.  

We saw it with Elizabeth Smart and other girls taken, also the daughters held by their father in Germany.

THEY WERE TIED UP.  IT ISN'T LIKE THEY HAD A CHANCE TO GET AWAY.  JEEZ....  The question remains...why didn't the neighbors have a clue?

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

An interview with the neighbors said they thought the family was odd and all too thin but had no idea what was going on.

When did the neighbors see them?  Oh yeah...when they were being taken out of the house by the authorities.

Keepin' it real.