Valued Contributor

Re: Lisa Vanderpump slapped by Brandi Glanville

On 11/5/2014 scotttie said:
On 11/5/2014 sunshine45 said:

...and she is still playing ashley abbott on young and the restless.... i am hoping we get to see her husband. i had such a crush on him when i was a teenager!

LOL LD.....let me apologize for taking the discussion about "housewife" too far. just wanted to show that it CAN have multiple meanings. i am done discussing it, i promise. KissWink{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Sunshine, you tried to engage in a respectful way. You always do. It's one of the things we love about you.

How was I disrespectful?

Respected Contributor

On 11/5/2014 JobGirl said:

I really didn't think asking what the qualifying factor was for being on that show so far fetched considering it's name-

Those of us who enjoy the program don't really care what they call it.

Originally, it was a take off (I presume) from the ABC* show "Desperate Housewives". I am sure it was a riff on that show title.

At least I think it was ABC.

Respected Contributor

...and she is still playing ashley abbott on young and the restless.... i am hoping we get to see her husband. i had such a crush on him when i was a teenager!

LOL LD.....let me apologize for taking the discussion about "housewife" too far. just wanted to show that it CAN have multiple meanings. i am done discussing it, i promise. KissWink{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Sunshine, you tried to engage in a respectful way. You always do. It's one of the things we love about you.

How was I disrespectful?

I'm sorry. I didn't say you were disrespectful.

Honored Contributor

Oh no sunshine I don't care. I really was just joking. The whole thing struck me as funny.

I haven't watched Y&R in so long, I didn't know if she was still on or not. Last time I watched she was.

It seems Y&R and GH keep changing actors/actresses. Still not liking Phyllis on GH. She'll always be Phyllis to me. LOL

Honored Contributor

On 11/5/2014 LipstickDiva said:

OMG now we have to argue about the term housewife? {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Anyhow, they showed the scenes on E! yesterday where Brandi slaps Lisa V. and Lisa R. breaks her glass.

Both are horribly acted scenes and look very, very set-up. The slap is lame although don't get me wrong, no one should be laying their hands on someone else like that. It will be interesting because didn't Portia get let go for her physical altercation with Kenya? If so, Brandi should be gone.

Lisa R. is at dinner with the ladies and gets mad about something, tosses her wine or water at someone across the table and then basically breaks her glass against the table because she's upset.

It all looks very fake and stupid.

I'm not arguing I asked what I thought was a pretty simple question -

why does a show about housewives have main cast members that aren't housewives or wives of any kind -and apparently the viewing audience doesn't care who or what they are

as long as they are entertained

We try not to overthink it. It is a guilty pleasure...diversion.

LOL, true that......if we did we would be pulling our hair out! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

On 11/5/2014 LipstickDiva said:

OMG now we have to argue about the term housewife? {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Anyhow, they showed the scenes on E! yesterday where Brandi slaps Lisa V. and Lisa R. breaks her glass.

Both are horribly acted scenes and look very, very set-up. The slap is lame although don't get me wrong, no one should be laying their hands on someone else like that. It will be interesting because didn't Portia get let go for her physical altercation with Kenya? If so, Brandi should be gone.

Lisa R. is at dinner with the ladies and gets mad about something, tosses her wine or water at someone across the table and then basically breaks her glass against the table because she's upset.

It all looks very fake and stupid.

I'm not arguing I asked what I thought was a pretty simple question -

why does a show about housewives have main cast members that aren't housewives or wives of any kind -and apparently the viewing audience doesn't care who or what they are

as long as they are entertained

We try not to overthink it. It is a guilty pleasure...diversion.

LOL, true that......if we did we would be pulling our hair out! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

For sure! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Super Contributor

Publicity stunts.