Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lisa Robertson...Vendor ?

I was reading about Americasmart and was wondering if Lisa was there as a guest or if she has her own business lined up.

AmericasMart Atlanta  is one of the world's largest permanent wholesale trade centers.[1] AmericasMart Atlanta consists of four buildings totaling seven million square feet.[2] The Mart opened in 1957 and hosts several trade shows every year including Market Wednesday, Atlanta Apparel, Atlanta Spring Immediate Delivery, and The Atlanta International Gift and Home Furnishings Market. Trade show exhibitors rent permanent showrooms as well as temporary booths during trade shows. Some permanent showrooms are open daily, though many are open only part of the time or during trade shows. AmericasMart Atlanta is not open to the public and only employees and guests of registered businesses are admitted.

Esteemed Contributor

@qvcfreak wrote:

I was reading about Americasmart and was wondering if Lisa was there as a guest or if she has her own business lined up.

AmericasMart Atlanta  is one of the world's largest permanent wholesale trade centers.[1] AmericasMart Atlanta consists of four buildings totaling seven million square feet.[2] The Mart opened in 1957 and hosts several trade shows every year including Market Wednesday, Atlanta Apparel, Atlanta Spring Immediate Delivery, and The Atlanta International Gift and Home Furnishings Market. Trade show exhibitors rent permanent showrooms as well as temporary booths during trade shows. Some permanent showrooms are open daily, though many are open only part of the time or during trade shows. AmericasMart Atlanta is not open to the public and only employees and guests of registered businesses are admitted.

From what I understand, Lisa has a business license.

Esteemed Contributor

@ladyroxanne wrote:

love lisa!  i would kill me if she became a vendor.  my pockebook would revolt!!!

OMG, ladyroxanne....that is SO funny cause I feel the same way, ha ha.   HELP!

Honored Contributor

@qvcfreak wrote:

Someone said that Lisa said she's going to be selling Christmas items.

I read a post from her on FB that she is going to be selling jewelry.

Who knows but I find the entire thing kind of funny. She throws out some mysterious post about something being in the works to keep everyone's attention.  IMO either announce what you are going to be doing or say nothing.   

Regular Contributor

@shell garden wrote:

@newziesuzie wrote:

@shell garden wrote:

Last night, Lisa posted on her FB page..."I'm working on something I hope you're going to like.  It's not quite ready yet".

Hmmmm, sounds like to alot of the responses which are excited...that hopefully she will be bringing something for us to purchase.  I think she did have to wait until her year contract is up, which is March. 

I wish her the best of luck and can't wait until she announces what she is "working on".  She is in New York today for Fashion Week.  You Go Lisa!!!

@shell garden 

Her last day with QVC was mid

December 2014

not March.

😊

Hi .... I know someone that knows Lisa.  She started at the Q in March 1995....so, even though she did leave in Dec. 2014....her contract was not officially up until March 2015.  Thus, she has to wait a year before doing anything in the public eye, like selling or going to another place of employment, so that would be March 2016.  I hope you are having a wonderful day.

That someone that knows Lisa is mistaken. From what Lisa told someone yesterday on her fb page. She is no longer under contract.
" Lisa Robertson-Well, it's been less than a week that I've had the freedom to do what I'd like to do! (It has been hard not having the freedom to move forward). The project that is almost ready is a first step".

Lisa was my favorite host and I haven't watched QVC since she left. I'm sure whatever she's working on will be successful and I can't wait to find out what it is.

Frequent Contributor

Frequent Contributor

Could she have left Q because she wanted to put her name on designs she collaborated with others on and use the Q as a way to sell "her" products. Someone on another thread mentioned something about that. After reading how several posters say they have "her" bags or "her" ornaments gives me a feeling that the Q might not have appreciated her using them as a vender. Of course Shawn sells her jewelry and David sells cookbooks. I loved watching the Christmas bare minerals show with lisa and leslie. No one on the channel now compares. IMO.

I very much agree.  Things haven't been the same since Lisa's been gone, and not in a good way.  A few pretenders to the throne have arisen since sh'e been gone, but they're not her and never will be.  I, too, was really disappointed in the Christmas programs this past year, after she left.  I couldn't help but have a picture in my mind of the beautiful Christmas shows she did the year before. She was a classy lady. It's just not the same.

I have spent countless hours trying to find sugared/beaded fruit swags, garlands, and wreaths like Lisa Robertson presented on QVC her last holiday season there to no avail.  When they were presented I wasn't able to order before they sold out!  They were muted tones like chapagne,,,,etc.  Does anyone know where I might be able to find anything comparable?