Regular Contributor

Lisa Rinna trench duster arrived shamefully wrinkled

Just received my Lisa Rinna trench dusters.  They arrived so wrinkled and in such a small bag that it's hard for o try on and feel like it's money well spent. Such a poor presentation. I really did not feel like dragging out my steamer. The light one really shows up how poorly stitched the garment is when turned inside out. One had pockets snipped ( threads hanging) which makes me think  it was one used during the shows . There is a slight scent.   The other one was just as wrinkled but pockets still stitched.  

I would be interested to hear if others had same experiece. Wrinkled? Stitching already snipped? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Lisa Rinna trench duster arrived shamefully wrinkled

I just got a couple of items all rolled up. They were stretch velve,t so no problems with wrinkles

Talbots does such a better job, with their packages. Things are not all rolled up

Honored Contributor

i have had this happen with a couple of LDO trench coats. other than that they were fine.

i contacted my dry cleaners to find out how much they would charge to press the coats.

i got an estimate, called qvc customer service, and they credited me back that amount. it wasnt something that would have been easy to do with just an iron or a personal steamer.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@pggoody wrote:

Just received my Lisa Rinna trench dusters.  They arrived so wrinkled and in such a small bag that it's hard for o try on and feel like it's money well spent. Such a poor presentation. I really did not feel like dragging out my steamer. The light one really shows up how poorly stitched the garment is when turned inside out. One had pockets snipped ( threads hanging) which makes me think  it was one used during the shows . There is a slight scent.   The other one was just as wrinkled but pockets still stitched.  

I would be interested to hear if others had same experiece. Wrinkled? Stitching already snipped? 

@pggoody  Before you send it back.....put the duster in the dryer with a large towel and  a handfull of ice cubes....turn the dry on med high and let the duster naturally steam as it tosses about.   

Check it in about 15 to 20 minutes.  Works like steaming!

This works really well for me.  I read it somewhere on line as a great hack instead of ironing or steaming....that  it. really got wrinkles out. 

It this does not work....then send it back 🙂

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden.............what a great helpful hint!  Thanks!

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@SeaMaiden.............what a great helpful hint!  Thanks!

@Imaoldhippie  It may not work for everything, but, worth trying!

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden  You know, I've done this with anything and everything I've received wrinkled.  I received a rayon/spandex shirt that was a mess, so I just threw it in the dryer with a load of wet clothes, waited about 10 minutes, and pulled it out.  It looked like it had been ironed.  I actually do it with leather jackets and faux leather jackets (no ice, or other clothes in the dryer), but I'm careful to only give it about 5 minutes in the dryer.  They come out perfect!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

@SeaMaiden  You know, I've done this with anything and everything I've received wrinkled.  I received a rayon/spandex shirt that was a mess, so I just threw it in the dryer with a load of wet clothes, waited about 10 minutes, and pulled it out.  It looked like it had been ironed.  I actually do it with leather jackets and faux leather jackets (no ice, or other clothes in the dryer), but I'm careful to only give it about 5 minutes in the dryer.  They come out perfect!

@2blonde  Yes ice cubes or just a damp towel or like you use — a load of wet laundry. 

Honored Contributor

I hate that. I do not think I should have to do a lot of fixing up to get the garments wearable. Maybe a light touch w/ the iron.

Super Contributor

I think it is unreasonable to expect garments to arrive in perfect, wearable condition.  It is ridiculous when I see negative reviews on an item of clothing because it arrived wrinkled.  They have been bagged and put in a truck and driven across the country.  You should to expect to steam/iron your new clothes when they arrive, and be pleasantly surprised if you don't have to.  Not all fabrics are wrinkle-free.