Respected Contributor

Re: Lisa R has posted photo of herself w/Shawn & baby

Greeneyedlady has nailed it: the adults look "mannequinesque."

Honored Contributor

How darling!  Sweet, sweet baby, happy Mom and friend!

Valued Contributor

Shawn is just beaming. Congrates to her and Joe.

Honored Contributor

Sweet baby!

Pic's a little heavy on the Facetune filter,

but pretty ladies with/without. 

Honored Contributor

Thank you for posting the picture.  I am sure Shawn is over the moon with her baby girl.  I wish her the best.  I can't get over the name for a little girl.

Cat Indifferent

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Very cute!

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

It is a lovely picture. I wouldn't normally say anything but I have to agree with you @HappyDaze.

Shawn looks like a new mother in a reverse time machine...like her beautiful daughter went off to school and she really caught up on her sleep. It is mannequinesque.

I assume the photo was taken by LR's shadow Katie. Every photo that is posted by Lisa or Katie to Lisa's FB page is facetuned to the max. Nearly always. I saw the photos that Shawn herself posted when they first got the baby, and she had all the sleepless dark circles you would expect of a new mom - natural and endearing. Not plastic at all. This photo looks like photo op advertising for Lisa. 

It is a lovely photo, if unnaturally so.

I'm truly very happy for Shawn & her DH.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I'll have to google this facetune thing.  Would it smooth out my wretched neck?? 🤣

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

I'll have to google this facetune thing.  Would it smooth out my wretched neck?? 🤣

That or similar can smooth out aaaanything. There are degrees of application, and some never catch on that too heavy a hand, too obvious a softening/blurring, looks in some ways worse than an untouched photo.  Or they figure that softening so much that the face is blurred to baby's bu** status is better than one evident wrinkle or sag.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

It is a lovely picture. I wouldn't normally say anything but I have to agree with you @HappyDaze.

Shawn looks like a new mother in a reverse time machine...like her beautiful daughter went off to school and she really caught up on her sleep. It is mannequinesque.

I assume the photo was taken by LR's shadow Katie. Every photo that is posted by Lisa or Katie to Lisa's FB page is facetuned to the max. Nearly always. I saw the photos that Shawn herself posted when they first got the baby, and she had all the sleepless dark circles you would expect of a new mom - natural and endearing. Not plastic at all. This photo looks like photo op advertising for Lisa. 

It is a lovely photo, if unnaturally so.

I'm truly very happy for Shawn & her DH.

I agree.

It's kind of sad that they couldn't just take a photo while keeping in mind that it's really all about the baby.  It was unnecessary to put so much thought into how the adults look, and to tweak it so they look "perfect".  This is supposed to be about the joy of a new baby, isn't it?

I agree re the photos Shawn posted.  They were real.  They were the way the people in the photos actually looked, which to me is the whole point of taking photos in the first place.

I'm happy for Shawn and her new little family too.  I'm sure we'll be seeing some "real" photos going forward, and I look forward to that.  She is clearly thrilled, and that's so nice to see.  :-)