Respected Contributor

Re: Lisa Mason not returing to QVC

This is sooooo sad about Gino not responding to chemo. He is in my prayers. She made the right decision to be at his side during this difficult time. My heart goes out to both of them. Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

Lisa Mason's a wonderful woman. I'm so sorry that her dear husband is going through this. I hope nothing but good things for the both of them.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

Naes....you are so gracious. Yes, it is hard to understand why Lisa and Gino have to go through this like you say.  Trials tend to make you better or bitter.  I find if I keep my eyes on God and trust him for the outcome... life becomes more gentle and we become less resentful.

The ladies here are all so great.  No matter if they agree with you or not.....they all rally round when there is trouble just as we see here for Lisa.  I have seen that many times here and it is one of the reasons I stay.  We are all fellow strugglers.  We all fail sometimes but it's nice to know that we can pick ourselves up off the ground, brush off our pant legs, and try to do better next time.  

Lisa and Gino are a real inspiration to those of us who continue to follow their story.  God is surely with them.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@Greenhouse wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Very sad to hear this news.  You can tell that Lisa's strong faith in God is helping her deal with this. 

It was mentioned upthread about Lisa's own health challenges and I'm wondering if it's the assumption she has lupus.  I've read that she herself said it was one of those 'urban legends' (not her words) and she didn't know where it was started, how or why.

I've never heard her mention it on air whenever I watched her hosting.

Since she has shared her DH's journed with his (2X diagnosis) illnesses, treatment protocals, and other uphill and downhill battles, has she ever mentioned anything about having lupus on her facebook pages?

I ask because I would think she would be open about her own health challenges, possible treatments or medications and anything else that could help her many fb followers who may suffer or know someone who has this disease.

My prayers to you dear Lisa and Gino.  May God be with you both.

I guess some things you keep private and if she spoke about any maladies it would be taken as medical advice by some and against QVC policy.  I think when she posts about Gino it is more about love and a spiritual journey not meant to give medical advice or help.  Posting and the kind messages/prayers from her fans probably helps her emotionally as caring for a person with a serious illness can be lonely and you feel

isolatied because that is what live becomes....just being with one person, the ups, downs, treatments....  The role of caretaker is very very difficult.  I hope she cares for herself as well. 

Oh I absolutely understand about not giving any kind of medical info to be taken as 'gospel' on the net.

I was just asking if anyone ever heard her mention on air or on facebook if she has lupus.

It just gets repeated here on almost every LM thread, but no one has ever seen or heard her actually say it.

I never heard her say she had Lupus but I was working when she was on in the past and would catch her on my days off or evenings...so I really don't know if she does....most of her recent postings are about Gino....no mention of herself too much.  

Honored Contributor

via facebook:

Lisa P. Mason

Friends. A confession. Gino almost died on August 14th. I got him to the hospital just in time. It seems that My Beloved has something known as DPD deficiency. A "silent" genetic mutation found in approximately 26 million Americans. Harmless unless the person is diagnosed with cancer and is given the chemotherapy drugs 5FU or Xeloda. Although the drug manufacturers disclose it, oncologists are not required to disclose the FDA Black Box warning. In essence, if a person is DPD deficient, his/her body cannot eliminate the chemotherapy. It just stays in the body and burns it from the inside out. Often times, it is fatal. I am beginning a grass roots campaign called "Rare, but there." Please, please if you or someone you know has been diagnosed with breast cancer, colon cancer, rectal cancer, esophageal cancer, head and neck cancer or ovarian cancer, I BEG you .... Google search "DPD deficiency and 5FU" or "DPD deficiency and Xeloda." I also beg you to share or post this everywhere you can. If you are on QVC's or HSN's chat rooms, please post. If you are on a cancer forum, please post! I shutter to think of the lives lost needlessly because patients/caregivers didn't know about DPD deficiency. If you want to join me on this campaign, I welcome it. God bless you! Please share this!!!!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

SUNSHINE!!  Thank you so much for that!  I have never copied or pasted anything as I don't know how.  Could you put this on the Wellness forum and maybe Beauty Banter?  Thank you again.  I've never heard of what she's speaking of, but I know so many people who have fought or are fighting these types of cancers.