Honored Contributor

Re: 💲 Lisa Marie Presley is Broke! 😮

shoot-T what that one needs is a lesson in taking care of business.

Michael Jackson she should had gotten a pretty good settlement, plus,

Nicholas Cage isn't on welfare and she threw his diamond ring into the ocean while on a ship. How smart is that **** ?

Other men were no names and probably didn't have 2 nickels to rub together, but, if she had played her cards right and lawyered up she should had come out all right with Jackson and Cage.

Rocks in her head of the gravel kind.

Respected Contributor

Lisa Marie has had substance abuse problems for years.  In 2016 she entered into a long rehab program and lost custody of her twins.  Priscilla took the kids into her home until their mother could win custody back. 

Priscilla has been the real hero of the group.  She had been appointed executor of Elvis' estate although they were divorced.  He was near bankruptcy and she turned that around.  She managed to increase his estate for Lisa Marie to over $100 million.

Lisa Marie blew through the money with her drugs, failed recording contracts and fancy lifestyle.  And don't forget that she's been with Scientology since she was young, and who know how much of her money they received.

Priscilla had a 25 year relationship with another man, and they had a son named Navarone.  So Lisa Marie does have a half brother.

Honored Contributor

I have to wonder....is this rich people's broke or regular people's broke?  There is a difference, lol.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Trusted Contributor

Her current husband or maybe her current ex husband is really strange.  I think they both had out of control spending habits.  I feel for her mother with a daughter like that.  

Esteemed Contributor

My first impression is, well, Lisa, you had your chance to be wealthy -- but the compassionate me thinks -- was she even trained on managing finances? Does she even know how to simplify? Sad stuff.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMacwrote:

Lisa Marie Presley, the daughter of Elvis Presley, has sued her former manager Barry Siegel for $100 million after claiming he mismanaged her trust from the King of Rock and Roll. 

When Elvis died in 1977, he left his daughter a trust fund that has since been managed by Siegel. But Presley claims that in 2005 Siegel sold 85 percent of her interest in Elvis Presley Enterprises for $100 million and used the money he obtained from the sale to invest in Core Entertainment. 

The entertainment company reportedly went bankrupt in 2006, however, losing Presley big money. Presley said that she was not notified of the Core deal and lost $24.5 million as a result of the bankruptcy. 

“Siegel never provided Lisa with the required accounting at any time after the Core deal,” the court documents obtained by Us Weekly read. “Siegel reportedly led Lisa to believe she was in ‘good shape’ with her finances.”

Though the singer only cited the $24 million lost from the bad investment, she has sued Siegel for $100 million for financial blips she believes have yet to be accounted for. 

The court documents read that Presley has “been damaged in an amount that has not yet been fully ascertained, but is believed to be in excess of $100 million." 

The news of Presley deciding to sue Siegel comes after the star announced that she was $16 million in debt following her divorce from Michael Lockwood, whom she was married to for 10 years. 

According to court documents obtained by Us Weekly, Presley owes $10 million in taxes and $6 million on her home in England. In addition to her bigger debts, the star also owes more than $47,000 in credit card debt and an estimated $250,000 in miscellaneous bills. 

Siegel, who claims that Presley also has "uncontrollable spending habits," has countersued the singer, according to The Blast.

The attorney for Siegel defended the former manager's Core Entertainment deal and said to the The Blast, “The 2005 deal she is complaining about now cleared up over $20 million in debts Lisa had incurred and netted her over $40 million cash and a multi-million dollar income stream, most of which she managed to squander in the ensuing years.”

He then added, “It’s clear Lisa Marie is going through a difficult time in her life and looking to blame others instead of taking responsibility for her actions.”  

ARTICLE LINK

The first thing that comes to mind is "don't put all your eggs in one basket". 

The second thing is why wasn't this guy regularly AUDITED?

The third thing is ... what could he possibly be countersuing her for?   

What a mess.

Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxiewrote:

I have to wonder....is this rich people's broke or regular people's broke?  There is a difference, lol.

I think she will somehow still live in style.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@SharkEwrote:

I think she sold Graceland to a business media corp and only retains a small smidgen. 

I always wondered why??

Elvis, like him or not, is an infinite ATM.    Why sell any rights to anything?

If that was done with her approval, she deserves what she gets.

Honored Contributor

My guess is in debt up to her crowns and has a pack of kids

Probably being sued by no telling who for not paying back bills

My sister pointed out a good point. She has never written a BOOK.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44wrote:

The first thing that comes to mind is "don't put all your eggs in one basket". 

The second thing is why wasn't this guy regularly AUDITED?

The third thing is ... what could he possibly be countersuing her for? 

Defamation of character.

What a mess.

Fourth thing.....

Sign your own checks! Smiley Wink

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif