Trusted Contributor

Liposuction on outer thighs?

Has anyone had this done? If so, can you tell me about your experience? Cost? Recovery? Results? I would love to have it done but probably will never be able to because of the cost, but I’d still like to hear about your personal experiences.
Honored Contributor

Re: Liposuction on outer thighs?

It's relatively easy to have "saddle bags" removed, but decreasing the entire side of the thigh would cause dimpleing with the round tool that is used.  A narrow horizontal path is vaccumed up.  Then they move down slightly to do another vertical line.  A washboard effect would be created between the vertical kines where suction took place.

You might look at a video of liposuction.

Honored Contributor

Re: Liposuction on outer thighs?

I had saddlebags along with post-baby (30 years later) pooch below the belly button.  After 30 years I had decided that no amount of diet and exercise would eliminate those.  I did not have a tummy tuck since I didn't want them cutting into muscle. I had worked too hard for those abs to have to start over.  

I am extremely happy with the saddlebag lipo.  The tummy lipo left me with some drooping skin that could be fixed with another "revision" surgery, but my bikini days are long gone at 60.  I only see it when I'm getting undressed, and oddly enough, it's less noticieable with bikini panties than with a higher cut.  

I can't speak to healing time for just the thighs, but with the tummy pooch it took the entire 6 weeks.  The first week or so I couldn't even get in and out of bed without help, nor could I sleep on my side.  No way would I have been able to go back to work after 2 weeks had I been working.  It was a pretty miserable time.

Things like this are going to cost different in different markets and I don't really remember what the final cost was.  I was able to get a discount after going to one of their informational seminars.  

I will say that even though the thing that bothered me the most over the years was that little tummy pooch, having the saddlebags gone had the greatest effect on my psyche in how my pants fit.  That pooch really wasn't big enough to affect how my clothes looked on me.