Trusted Contributor

Re: 'Lion Whisperer' hugs Adult Lioness He Rescued at Birth

This is beautiful, thank you for sharing.  I love all animals, especially cats.  They are my favorite. I wish I could cuddle a lion like that.  So sweet  

Honored Contributor

@sophiesofers wrote:

This is beautiful, thank you for sharing.  I love all animals, especially cats.  They are my favorite. I wish I could cuddle a lion like that.  So sweet  

@sophiesofers

We're kindred spirits, I love all animals too. I've been lucky to share my life with horses to monkeys and everything you can imagine in between, LOL!

My DD is the same way, but she's a true 'cat lady'.

Although she also has a Lab and Pit indoors, she also has 7 indoor cats (that were formally feral) and she takes care of a feral colony near her home (feeds, medically treats and has them spayed/neutered, when she can catch them!.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

For a moment I thought I saw apprehension in the Whisperer's body language.  Those paws are huge. 

Very touching and humbling.

Valued Contributor

I will probably get flak for my opinion, but here goes. I love animals, but that guy is just asking to be killed. Remember the man who lived with grizzly bears and swore he had an affinity with them? He ended up being mauled to death. Where is the common sense here?

Honored Contributor

I wonder how he knew that was Meg (or Amy) and not just any other lion.  Just an educated guess?

Honored Contributor

@Sawn wrote:

I will probably get flak for my opinion, but here goes. I love animals, but that guy is just asking to be killed. Remember the man who lived with grizzly bears and swore he had an affinity with them? He ended up being mauled to death. Where is the common sense here?

You won't get flak from me.  I totally agree.  Just like the woman who's pet chimp tore off her BF face and I think her hands.

They are wild animals.  I don't care if someone breastfed them.  They are wild animals.  That lion could turn on that man in a second---animals don't experience remorse.

Respected Contributor

Aww, thanks @KingstonsMom.  I remember seeing him on the Animal Planet channel years back and pretty sure I remember Meg and Amy as cubs! Woman Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

@KingstonsMom   I agree, we are kindred spirits.  I do volunteer work at my animal shelter, I donate food and items when I can, and I tell my friends and co-workers that if they ever have any blankets, sheets, towels etc that they cannot use anymore, to please donate it to the animal shelters.  Or they can bring it to me and I will take it there.  My son loves animals also and sometimes helps me bring donations to the shelter.  I say my prayers to St. Francis, patron saint of animals, each night.  God Bless your daughter for taking care of all those kitties.  She is truly a cat lady.  

Regular Contributor

What a heartwarming video. Thank you for sharing 

Honored Contributor

@sophiesofers wrote:

@KingstonsMom   I agree, we are kindred spirits.  I do volunteer work at my animal shelter, I donate food and items when I can, and I tell my friends and co-workers that if they ever have any blankets, sheets, towels etc that they cannot use anymore, to please donate it to the animal shelters.  Or they can bring it to me and I will take it there.  My son loves animals also and sometimes helps me bring donations to the shelter.  I say my prayers to St. Francis, patron saint of animals, each night.  God Bless your daughter for taking care of all those kitties.  She is truly a cat lady.  

@sophiesofers

DD and I have large St. Francis statues (solar-Jim Shore) too!

Our shelter has a thrift shop, so we donate clothes, household goods, etc., for them to sell to help support the shelter.

Our area (Savannah, GA) is really big on animals and animal rescue and hold lots of events to raise money for them, with many nice items from local businesses raffled off, with the proceeds going to the shelters.

Our most rewarding contribution to animal rescue is volunteering for animal transport to homes or no-kill shelters up north.

Ashamedly, the South typically has an over abundance of unwanted animals, due to ignorance of overpopulation, etc., so most shelters here are kill shelters.

Our local rescues pull them from death row and network to find homes and shelters up north (NJ, etc.), where there is a shortage of adoptable pets.

In June, we took 39 dogs and cats, many who had already been adopted, making this one rescue group responsible for relocating a total of 450 animals for this year so far.

I cried so hard when we reached our different destinations with these animals and saw their new owners, anxiously waiting for their new furbaby, with tears in their eyes too.

I apologize to all if I rambled here.....it's very dear to me.Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.