Bette Midler...... The Rose

Taylor Dane ....Love Will Lead You Back

Adele.....All I Ask

Honored Contributor

kelsey17 wrote:

Bette Midler...... The Rose

Taylor Dane ....Love Will Lead You Back

Adele.....All I Ask

Oh! I love 'The Rose'.    That's just one beautiful song I could listen to over and over and over.

Occasional Contributor

New Years Eve 1974...The  Eagles concert at The Shrine in Southern CA. On the Border album had just come out. Old 55,Tequila Sunrise, New Kid in Town....The place was jumping! THEN comes the encore...They started playing Take It Easy...Who comes out on Stage to sing ? Linda Ronstandt. Jackson Browne and Joe Walsh ! I thought the roof was going to blow off ! Story has it that Linda helped the Eagles get started in industry....I always thought she was a Cool Chick...Like Joni Mitchell...

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Linda Ronstadt

[ Edited ]

I have a few of Linda's albums....vinyl of course. "When Will I Be Loved" is one of my favorites. The other day I saw something about the Nelson Twins and brother Sam, Ricky Nelson's kids, reviving their dad's songs. I went on line to hear some of the music once again. ITunes had Garden Party, which I loved. He was such a talented musician and so handsome. Died in his mid forties in a plane crash. His music has passed the age test.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Anyone, or any song, is too much for me to think about at the moment! It was hard enough to come up two favorites from Linda Ronstadt (so many good ones).

First fav is a Hank Williams tune: 

I Can't Help It (if I'm Still in Love with You) from Linda's album Heart Like a Wheel.

and

Silver Threads and Golden Needles from Linda's album Don't Cry Now, recorded by many, but done best by Linda (imo).

She had such a versatile style, singing songs from many different genres, but she sure could sing a country song!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I could listen to Blue Bayou over and over again.  Linda is also a world-renowned Latin singer.  Love her voice in both languages.  .......... Take a listen on YouTube.  Also Web search: Linda Ronstadt latin songs or latin albums. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

Mr Sandman, with Emmylou Harris and Dolly Parton

Respected Contributor

Long, Long Time brings back many memories of a man who I couldnt love.

Honored Contributor

A lot of people don't know, but Linda came from a famous pioneering family in Arizona from her father's side.  Her mother's family had a well known inventor.  So when she grew up, she was well known in Arizona.  Her family was wealthy and owned a large ranch.  As a child she appeared with her family on the cover of Family Circle and Life magazine.  She was one in 4 children who all sang.  A younger brother (Michael Ronstadt) tried a career in singing, but didn't make a go of it like Linda did

http://tucson.com/entertainment/music/michael-j-ronstadt-brother-of-linda-dies-at/article_35577b00-5...

Honored Contributor

The only song I liked of hers is "Different Drum".  I don't remember many Christmas presents, but my brother gave me the 45 of that song and I played it continually.  Mike of the Monkees wrote it so that seemed like a big deal to me.