Honored Contributor

Re: Lightbulbs - daylight, warm, cool, etc. - preferences?

i just changed all the light bulbs out. i had the mercury laced bulbs. i exchanged them with led bulbs.

those led bulbs are wonderful. bright. we (dh and I) put in 60 watt LED bulbs in all fixtures.  

My room is the hard one. IT is the room I sit in to watch t.v.. posting on my ipad, put on make up and so forth. I had an OTT light in the wall lamp, but again that was mercury laced. Finally found 2 bulbs that would work for me. 

1 bulbs is 100watt daylight LED bulb 

the other is 1 a FULL SPECTRUM LED bulb. I got this one on line and it is a WOW light. Nice and bright but yet does not hurt my eyes (have had cateract surg) so I need light that will not hurt my eyes.

Honored Contributor

Re: Lightbulbs - daylight, warm, cool, etc. - preferences?

I have switched mostly to LED bulbs. The bathroom has GE Reveal G9 Soft White bulbs. Dining room chandelier has Reveal LED Soft White ceiling fan light bulbs, kitchen has LED Soft White recessed lighting. 

Outdoor entrance lights to doors are LED bug lights in yellow (prevents certain insects like mosquitos from seeing the light).

The motion sensor lights outside are Soft White Halogens.

LED Daylight bulbs were tried in our living room floor lamp but were too bright. Switched to the LED Soft Whites. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼