Esteemed Contributor

Re: Life insurance/beneficiary issue

On 9/21/2014 dobiesrule said: I agree with Quackertoo and Terrier. Esmeralda is really out of line. I'm pretty new to these boards, but I don't think I have ever read a positive, kind comment from her. If you can't say something nice or constructive, say nothing.
How am I out of line? It was already established that she can't afford to pay for her current policy and may be too old and/or sick to get an affordable term policy. If you'd gotten here sooner, you'd know about her horrible ex-husband and his terrible new family, his neglect of his and Ford's children, how one ( the oldest?) daughter blamed Ford for his leaving and neglect of her (and them), how one daughter (same or different, not sure she said) stayed out of work so long after her cat died she lost her job. There may be more. I don't read all her posts and I don't keep notes. How do I know this? She posted all of it. So while my comment about dysfunction may not have been kind it is true. My CONSTRUCTIVE post, which I guess nobody read, was that if she decides to remove her oldest daughter as a beneficiary, she should tell her daughter what she is doing when she does it and not let it be a surprise in the future. So, dobiesrule, hang around...read and learn.
Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

On 9/21/2014 terrier3 said:
On 9/21/2014 esmerelda said: What was pathetic was Ford thanking Q for reprimanding me in her defense. I am responsible for my words...not other people' reaction to them.

Do you want to get kicked off the forum?

Or do you just want everyone to put you on "ignore"?

She doesn't want either, terrier . . . she enjoys this.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

On 9/21/2014 esmerelda said:
On 9/21/2014 dobiesrule said: I agree with Quackertoo and Terrier. Esmeralda is really out of line. I'm pretty new to these boards, but I don't think I have ever read a positive, kind comment from her. If you can't say something nice or constructive, say nothing.
How am I out of line? It was already established that she can't afford to pay for her current policy and may be too old and/or sick to get an affordable term policy. If you'd gotten here sooner, you'd know about her horrible ex-husband and his terrible new family, his neglect of his and Ford's children, how one ( the oldest?) daughter blamed Ford for his leaving and neglect of her (and them), how one daughter (same or different, not sure she said) stayed out of work so long after her cat died she lost her job. There may be more. I don't read all her posts and I don't keep notes. How do I know this? She posted all of it. So while my comment about dysfunction may not have been kind it is true. My CONSTRUCTIVE post, which I guess nobody read, was that if she decides to remove her oldest daughter as a beneficiary, she should tell her daughter what she is doing when she does it and not let it be a surprise in the future. So, dobiesrule, hang around...read and learn.

Esme - I'm at least a little relieved to see that you stalk other people's lives too - not just mine!

Your comments are entirely too personal and add nothing to the discussion.

I'm putting you on ignore and suggest that everyone else who has had enough of your personal stalking and/or attacks does the same.

Esteemed Contributor

The OP didn't think they were too personal when she posted them. I repeated them to support my earlier post that Quackertoo and HisElk, maybe others found...whatever they called it.
Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

Some people should tie their fingers together before they get on here and start to figure out why someone does something and later in their life they find out they were lied to by the insurance agent on what a wonderful a policy is. Someone very close to me, me in fact took out what was supposed to be the best policy offered only because my husband suddenly became totally disabled and our children were very, very young and I wanted to have money available for them if something were to happen to me since their Dad would not be able to work. Now after paying into this policy for all these years I find that they increased my monthly payment three time more then what I have been paying and to cash it in it is just about worth $13. So someone on here who is attacking Ford may be think about sitting on your hands because you are not the smartest person on here but you are the rudest.

Esteemed Contributor

cater...I KNOW you don't mean me as I haven't criticized anyone's choice of insurance product. I don't know enough about the various products to do that. I know what's best for me and no more. There ARE other ""experts"" here as you've seen.
Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

On 9/21/2014 HisElk said:
On 9/21/2014 Ford1224 said:
On 9/20/2014 Qwackertoo said:
On 9/20/2014 esmerelda said: Fine. She can't afford term; she can't afford what she has now. So the question is will she "disinherit" her oldest daughter? Her family, from what she has written, has a history of dysfunction. A little more won't matter. ETA...repeating myself...lost premiums, not risk.

esmerelda, normally I would bypass something like this . . . certain subjects are rather taboo and your jabs at Ford are rather distasteful . . . an older woman facing such important decisions regarding the end of her life and after she is gone . . . she was a single Mom for much of her life with four daughters and she is/was trying to do the best she could in difficult circumstances . . . so your comments feel rather "low" and below the belt to me.

JMO

Quackertoo . . . thank you. Smile

I agree with Quackertoo's post. It seems someone has nothing nice to post, but rather continues with the jabs. You're an intelligent woman and certainly know how to handle those types of posts.

I agree with Qwackertoo, HisElk and the others who feel esmerelda's comments were inappropriate and mean. Her subsequent remarks only solidified my opinion.

Defending something cruel is like defending "brutal honesty" -- too many people get pleasure from the brutality. Just because we can say something doesn't mean we should.{#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

esmerelda, really - what could you get out of acting this way?