Honored Contributor

Liev Schrieber and Naomi Watts Split

I loved this couple together!  And I like each of them separately as actors.   I've read may articles that mistakenly wrote they were married, but to my knowledge they never were.

It is also my opinion that they are splitting up their beautiful family for a really stupid reason.  Geez, can't they work out this issue (if in fact that is the problem issue?)

http://pagesix.com/2016/09/27/naomi-watts-back-to-work-after-liev-schreiber-split/?_ga=1.172246368.2...

Honored Contributor

Re: Liev Schrieber and Naomi Watts Split

@Pearlee wrote:

I loved this couple together!  And I like each of them separately as actors.   I've read may articles that mistakenly wrote they were married, but to my knowledge they never were.

It is also my opinion that they are splitting up their beautiful family for a really stupid reason.  Geez, can't they work out this issue (if in fact that is the problem issue?)

http://pagesix.com/2016/09/27/naomi-watts-back-to-work-after-liev-schreiber-split/?_ga=1.172246368.2...

It says she wants to travel the world while making movies and he wants to stay in New York. If that's true, how would you propose that they work that out? Have one give in and be unhappy? Stay a couple but not live together? That's basically the same as splitting up, only neither one gets the chance to move on.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

It says she wants to travel the world while making movies and he wants to stay in New York. If that's true, how would you propose that they work that out? Have one give in and be unhappy? Stay a couple but not live together? That's basically the same as splitting up, only neither one gets the chance to move on.

You missed the obvious alternative in your choices. Compromise. Travel not as much as she wants to but more than he wants to.  Each gets some of what they want then.  Apparently their individual wants are more important than their relationship together.  

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

You missed the obvious alternative in your choices. Compromise. Travel not as much as she wants to but more than he wants to.  Each gets some of what they want then.  Apparently their individual wants are more important than their relationship together.  

You don't think they've already been doing that and that's why they've come to the point where made this decision? 

They're adults. They should make the decision that works best for their family. We don't know them - why should we assume we know better than they about their own situation?

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

You don't think they've already been doing that and that's why they've come to the point where made this decision? 

They're adults. They should make the decision that works best for their family. We don't know them - why should we assume we know better than they about their own situation?

Why do you assume I've assumed that?  ROTFLMAO  I guess this is a "do as I say and not as I do" day for you.

I am merely expressing my opinion.  I haven't been privvy to their private conversations, nor did I post that I was.   

Honored Contributor

I was saddened today when I saw they had split after so very long and two children together.  Married or not they were still a family.  I know over the years there were a couple of times I would specifically go looking if I had missed a break-up because I would see her out and about but not him.  I did not realize he was such a homebody.  Cannot blame him that is my preference too.

Sweet couple with adorable children.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Super Contributor

I am sorry to hear that, I thought they made such a nice couple.

Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

I was saddened today when I saw they had split after so very long and two children together.  Married or not they were still a family.  I know over the years there were a couple of times I would specifically go looking if I had missed a break-up because I would see her out and about but not him.  I did not realize he was such a homebody.  Cannot blame him that is my preference too.

@beckyb1012  I agree.  And whenever I heard him interviewed on a talk show, he always spoke so well of her,  I'd think "whatta guy!"  I hope they get back together.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@beckyb1012  I agree.  And whenever I heard him interviewed on a talk show, he always spoke so well of her,  I'd think "whatta guy!"  I hope they get back together.

Me too.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."