Esteemed Contributor

Re: Library shootings Clovis, NM.... anyone live near there?

I heard nothing about this in Ohio.........I am shocked.....

Honored Contributor

You name it. The grocery, theater, library, Mall, sitting in your car, school, etc.

I'll never forget the rampage during the showing of Batman.

Unbelievable !

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624, thank you for posting.  

I worry that there is no place that is really safe any more.  Our neighborhood is very small and somewhat insulated, but the thought of downsizing is really frightening when crime is increasing.

As a retired high school teacher in an inner-city high school, a number of students thought it was a badge of honor to be arrested and taken to a juvenile facility.  Of course, there they received an education and, hopefully, encouraged to turn their lives around.  Those students had difficulty following directions and did not want anyone telling them what to do.  Imagine what they will feel when locked up in a cage for most or all of their lives.

If that young man is charged as an adult, he will  no longer be smirking.  Unfortunately, the victims will have the emotional and physical scars for the rest of their lives.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

@Kachina624, thank you for posting.  

I worry that there is no place that is really safe any more.  Our neighborhood is very small and somewhat insulated, but the thought of downsizing is really frightening when crime is increasing.

As a retired high school teacher in an inner-city high school, a number of students thought it was a badge of honor to be arrested and taken to a juvenile facility.  Of course, there they received an education and, hopefully, encouraged to turn their lives around.  Those students had difficulty following directions and did not want anyone telling them what to do.  Imagine what they will feel when locked up in a cage for most or all of their lives.

If that young man is charged as an adult, he will  no longer be smirking.  Unfortunately, the victims will have the emotional and physical scars for the rest of their lives.

@SXMGirl  Right now they say they're going to charge him as an adult.  His dad was real quick to call police to report his son had stolen the two pistols from his safe.  Why do you suppose the kid had access to the safe/combination? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624, I applaud the dad for calling in about his stolen guns.  Probably the entire family has the combination to the safe, but I wonder if the family suspected that they had a problem child who was capable of such a horrific act.  If so, they are, in my opinion, culpable.  Nothing is good about this case except that he has been arrested.   

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

not safe any where any more. What's the world coming too !

@SharkE

And the most unsafe places are?  Everyone has an opinion, I will base my opinion on the research I have done and the facts that they have garnered.

I also think "safe" is a feeling(in terms of this thread, not a lock box), not always a place. I do agree however with "what's the world coming to", I however will add, "it is already there". What we used to see on TV in our countries, can now be seen on TV happening in our country.

I won't mention any state, but lots of it appears to be on warmer coast. Cold or inclement weather does deter some of the aimless.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

@Kachina624, I applaud the dad for calling in about his stolen guns.  Probably the entire family has the combination to the safe, but I wonder if the family suspected that they had a problem child who was capable of such a horrific act.  If so, they are, in my opinion, culpable.  Nothing is good about this case except that he has been arrested.   

@SXMGirl  I think it was a case of CYA with the dad; he could see a big, fat lawsuit looming.  The sheriff went to the house and found guns galore, guns in every room. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624, makes you wonder what in the world they were thinking.  Disturbed child and a house full of guns.  Something horrific was already on the horizon.