Trusted Contributor

I think sociopaths get to the point where they convince themselves that whatever they say is the truth.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Esteemed Contributor

The trial is whether she gets life or death. She was already found guilty of murder.

Does anyone know when the trial begins?

Respected Contributor

She is going through the sentencing phase again because the jury couldn't agree on death or life in prison.

No date has been set, rumors say maybe next month. This time the trial won't be televised which I think is good.

Respected Contributor

I would also like to add, not that it is part of the OP, but the tv versions of the case are so far off the mark for the actual facts given during the trial.

They certainly took a lot of poetic license. This is very irresponsible to me, the facts should stay the facts.

Contributor

She is a sociopath with borderline personality disorder. She can lie with a straight face and could probably beat a lie detector test because she can turn her feelings off and on. I hope that if there is another trial they can find a way to bring it out more that she brought the gun with her and she did it because she was planning to kill him if he nixed taking her to Mexico.

Super Contributor

....just want to say that I love your nic PolkaDotPjs!

Honored Contributor

Unless the facts came from watching a direct feed from the courtroom, there's nothing about these cases I believe. That isn't to say I think Jodie is an innocent woman, but I give her more credence than I give to NG and rest of her ilk. She, at least, can excuse lying because it's a way to save her life; the others lie to raise their ratings and their take-home pay. There's no honor on either side.

Valued Contributor
On 1/12/2014 sophiamarie said:

The trial is whether she gets life or death. She was already found guilty of murder.

Does anyone know when the trial begins?

According to news reports, the trial will be held in mid February

Respected Contributor
On 1/12/2014 millieshops said:

Unless the facts came from watching a direct feed from the courtroom, there's nothing about these cases I believe. That isn't to say I think Jodie is an innocent woman, but I give her more credence than I give to NG and rest of her ilk. She, at least, can excuse lying because it's a way to save her life; the others lie to raise their ratings and their take-home pay. There's no honor on either side.

No honor on either side? {#emotions_dlg.blink}

HLN played the trial live. What Marianne has stated (and others here) about Arias ARE the facts. Not opinions from the talking heads.

Respected Contributor

Jodi Arias is indeed the ultimate in "Snapped."

She is an outright liar, but Casey Anthony was the worst. A MOTHER who kills her child and then lies over and over is worse.

Hyacinth